can you pass exam if you skip financial reporting

Does anyone think it is possible to pass the exam if you skip financial reporting?

Very very unluckly…you must do the remaining questions without any error. Good luck!

U mean FSA? u mus be kidding… that’s a very imp portion for level 1 and try as much as you can to u’stand what’s in there, so that u don’t have to skip those questions in the exam…

NYLS you are probably referring to the first 250 - 300 pages from the CFAI Book 3 curriculum (Reporting, Balance Sheet, Income statement…). If so, than I think that you can but ONLY if you fully understand the remaining concepts, such as inventories, leases, cash flow effects etc. Milos

NYLS, do you not think that some FAS skills might come in handy in your current job or perhaps a future job? I know it’s unfashionable to point this out, but one of the (only?) reasons for doing the CFA is to educate yourself, learn some skills, not just pass an exam. If I could give you the answers to the test, would you take them??

sorry, probably came across a bit harsh there. meant to say FSA not FAS too doh!

I don’t think one can pass other than sheer luck help. FSA is pretty much the basis of most things and it percolates thru out the curriculum. S

i agree with all you, as to FSA is definitely important. but he was talking about Financial Reporting, not all of FSA. yes it is possible to pass, but isn’t that one of the easiest sections?

My question seemed to have upset some people. I know that FSA is very important and forms the basis of the entire test. However, I was curious if there was someone out there that actually skipped FSA and passed. And to be more precise, I meant skipping the studying, not skipping the questions on the exam. If you guessed on the actual exam, you should get a certain percentage correct. In addition, I am also referring to people that might have majored in accounting or had previously studied FSA.

NYLS Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My question seemed to have upset some people. I > know that FSA is very important and forms the > basis of the entire test. However, I was curious > if there was someone out there that actually > skipped FSA and passed. > > And to be more precise, I meant skipping the > studying, not skipping the questions on the exam. > If you guessed on the actual exam, you should get > a certain percentage correct. > > In addition, I am also referring to people that > might have majored in accounting or had previously > studied FSA. I plan on skipping FSA and Quant…If i spend my friday night before at foxwoods maxing out my odds bets on the dice tables while playing the come line and backing those up i feel like that should cover the quant…and then reconciling my withdrawls and point of sale transactions to my bony statement should be all i need…Right?