Can you sleep the night before?

I think i prepared a lot. Will pass. I just worried i get too excited the night before and cannot sleep. I slept at 2 am for my cfa l2 although i was in bed at 11

Oh yeah, take a benzo the night before, free mind going into the test.

Take 2 aspirin and write in the morning.

I slept at 2AM the first time I took L2. I believe that was one of the contributing factors to my dismal performance.

I am very worried about this… This right now is literally my biggest concern. On Level I i slept like a baby and felt great on test day, knew i killed it when i left, and i did. Level II I couldnt sleep until 2 or later, and i woke up about 4 times. I felt so dead it wasn’t even funny, and I am one of those who is truly retarded without sleep. Left the test feeling like i’d be back again next year but somehow did really well… i think i used up my luck on that one though. I don’t know what to do this year, but i know sleeping pills is a bad idea because apparently they do nothing if anxiety is the reason you can’t sleep, so youll just be twice as tired and drugged. I think my plan this year is to get in bed at 8, that way if two hours roll around and im still awake, i won’t freak out … which is what happened last year. Got in bed at 11:00, 12:30 rolled around, then i freaked that i couldn’t sleep, which made sure i wouldn’t get any sleep after that…

run about 4 miles friday morning… you’ll be sufficiently tired friday evening to fall asleep… also have a heavy food coma meal at night… don’t drink caffeine on friday.

Programmer — i am religious about my prep as test date closes. Every year i cut out all alcohol a month before. I stop caffeine two weeks before, with the exception of maybe test morning if im tired. I excercise frequently, particularly in the final week. 4 miles would be a normal day. I think my best shot is getting in bed knowing i have 4 hours to fall asleep. Im also trying to get use to a 10:30-6:30 schedule, which is hard for me.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Programmer — i am religious about my prep as > test date closes. Every year i cut out all > alcohol a month before. I stop caffeine two weeks > before, with the exception of maybe test morning > if im tired. I excercise frequently, particularly > in the final week. 4 miles would be a normal > day. > > I think my best shot is getting in bed knowing i > have 4 hours to fall asleep. Im also trying to > get use to a 10:30-6:30 schedule, which is hard > for me. Call your GP and get a few clonazepams. It’s more for anxiety than sleeping but will clear your brain so you can sleep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam Xanax works as well.

I’m not taking any chances with any pharmaceuticals whatsoever before the test… Dude, i’m not even drinking coffee or booze… I get kind of superstitious almost about this as it closes in. I just so want this to be the last CFA test i take.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not taking any chances with any > pharmaceuticals whatsoever before the test… > Dude, i’m not even drinking coffee or booze… > > I get kind of superstitious almost about this as > it closes in. I just so want this to be the last > CFA test i take. You are more serious than I am. Pharmaceuticals make everything better.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Programmer — i am religious about my prep as > test date closes. Every year i cut out all > alcohol a month before. I stop caffeine two weeks > before, with the exception of maybe test morning > if im tired. I excercise frequently, particularly > in the final week. 4 miles would be a normal > day. > > I think my best shot is getting in bed knowing i > have 4 hours to fall asleep. Im also trying to > get use to a 10:30-6:30 schedule, which is hard > for me. Maybe run 6 miles on Friday then?

let the posion out and you will sleep just fine…

i guess… at this point i really feel like the preparation will be secondary to nerves in terms of what my outcome is…

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am very worried about this… > > This right now is literally my biggest concern. > On Level I i slept like a baby and felt great on > test day, knew i killed it when i left, and i > did. > > Level II I couldnt sleep until 2 or later, and i > woke up about 4 times. I felt so dead it wasn’t > even funny, and I am one of those who is truly > retarded without sleep. Left the test feeling > like i’d be back again next year but somehow did > really well… i think i used up my luck on that > one though. > > I don’t know what to do this year, but i know > sleeping pills is a bad idea because apparently > they do nothing if anxiety is the reason you can’t > sleep, so youll just be twice as tired and > drugged. I think my plan this year is to get in > bed at 8, that way if two hours roll around and im > still awake, i won’t freak out … which is what > happened last year. Got in bed at 11:00, 12:30 > rolled around, then i freaked that i couldn’t > sleep, which made sure i wouldn’t get any sleep > after that… I had an identical experience with Level I and II (09 and 10). Slept okay to good for Level I and killed it. Level II slept like complete shit, but managed to pass. I still contend to this day I scored 55 or so in the AM, which scared the carp out of me, and destroyed the afternoon with an 85 or so. My wife’s cell went off twice in the middle of the night (I almost lost it) and I may have gotten a total of 2-2.5 hours of sleep. I only studied for an an our so the day before Level I. Level II I studied until 5pm or so the day before. This year, definitely going back to the Level I philosophy. Review some formulas the Friday before for an hour or so, but that’s it. Relaxing, getting outside, and exercising on the Friday before are key, IMO.

I do not sleep well in lv2 but I got over 90% in lv2 test. It does not matter whether you sleep well or not . I will sleep deeply on June 2 since I know it is hard to sleep on June 3

thanks for the input rainman. It’s interesting you are able to tell that you scored 90% considering they don’t post anything above 70%. Sleep matters for me, even if i’m prepared i need to be clear minded, especially on essays. You can get memory cues on short answer MC if your exhausted and be good… trying to pull stuff from deep in your head that you may have not recently touched on is tough unless your on your A game. Everybody is diff though, i can’t function without sleep.

if you can get top1% some people will know it and they may tell you

I’ll take a shot of Nyquil.

goodman2011 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you can get top1% some people will know it > and they may tell you You are quite something… You know a CFA grader as well? A CFA grader is my sponsor and said if he said anything about the test and the grading policy, not only would he be kicked out of CFAI but I would be sanctioned, most likely publicly. The one rule of fight club is… The one rule of grading the exam is… Why do you think after 30+ years Schweser and Stalla can’t write anything besides “We think this is how it works.” Luckily your professor who also grades papers told you exactly how the test worked and how they graded things. You are beyond full of shit.

CFA grader can not teach course in the same time , this will constitute conflict he used to be 10 years ago but now is not and he never tell the test process BTW do you think CFAI is a government ?It is only a non profit institution but makes money if you see pass rate 10 year or year ago If it is a normal people can write his name he will pass