Canadian Election

I guess Canadians wanted change. Maybe they want Conservatives, just not Harper.

Well Harper is out now so we’ll see for the next time if that was the case.

Canada now has an attractive First Lady…

Nothing wrong with Conservatives, the issue was Harper.

I find a lot of citizens in my social circles are fiscal conservatives and social liberals. Give me a Conservative who has the pedigree to run our economy, not full of shit, and not a hateful thug, and I will gladly vote for him/her.

you don’t think the PM is attractive? Why only mention the FL?

because the Tories are a united party that represent the entire right, their policies are strange and often contradict the opinions of many within the party. they have to appease both the radical right wingers, like pro-lifers and anti-immigration folk, while appeasing those center right folk who just want a fiscal conservative mandate and would rather see a social liberal agenda. with adding dozens of boutique tax credits over the years, the Tories abandoned the fiscal conservatives by complicating the tax system. further, the Tories’ “neutral” stance on virtually every social subject is a fosse move and they should just outright support what 95% of Canadians support. the Tories must reinvent themselves as “mostly” socially liberal and truly fiscal conservative by accepting and promoting gay marriage, the right of abortion, etc while pursuing a flatter and more simple tax system.

federally, i have yet to vote for a losing party. MLA the consensus builder.

I was referring to Sophie Trudeau. Is she married to the President or PM? I honestly don’t even know if Canada as a President or PM.

So Alberta basiclaly dominated by Conservative votes…wish they couldve done that 5 months ago. I guess that was mostly an anti-stelmach/redford/prentice thing.

so who is the best-looking PM/president/premiere in the world now? Trudeau or Nieto?

Barack Obama

Queen Rania of Jordan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V5ckcTSYu8

The irony in that statement is that the Liberals moved to the left of the NDP during the campaign.

The conservatives actually approached Mulcair when he left provincial politics in 2006.

^ Its not that simple. There is still an ideological differences between the parties where any pro-business person would favour the Libs. Yes, they say they’ll run a deficit, but that’s better than hiking corporate taxes per the NDP. The Liberals also are likely to approve the TPP whereas the NDP would be foolish enough to reject it.

Oh Canada oh Canada i raised you by myself

Looks like Trudy is pulling out air assets in Syria. Smart guy.

Yeah, Obama has pretty much turned it over to Putin anyway. Let Russia deal with the situation, no harm can come of that right?

Yes, that is correct. Trudy understands it is Canada’s place to be the little brother here, and leave the geopolitical chess to the big guys.

^ exactly. less money spent on warplanes equals more money spent on things we actually enjoy… like legal weed and prostitutes. get with the program America!

If we don’t spend the money on the warplanes, there won’t be any legal weed and prostitutes for anyone because we’ll all be speaking Russian (vodka and prositutes wouldn’t be all that bad I suppose) or Mandarin (failing to see the upside here).