Canadian securities course

is this course useful at all for finance? thx.

For licensing, yes.

Its a pretty good general course yes, especially for the price. But you really want to follow it with CFA, which gets into considerably greater breadth and depth. Willy

For licensing purposes only. It’s an intro into Investment Management and is designed to accommodate for ever expanding demand for retail banking sales positions. To be a retail banking salesperson (be it FA FSR) all you need is a high-school degree and CSC. That should tell you a lot about the level of difficulty of CSC.

Is there any sort of expiry issue with the CSC? ie, if you pass the tests and don’t use it, does it become obsolete over a certain period of time? I’ve put off doing it due to this. I’m stuck in a non-CFA work experience related position due to immigration issues (still waiting for Permanent Resident status), so thought I’d wait till i took the CSC. I’m Level 2 candidate by the way.

rrmm Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there any sort of expiry issue with the CSC? > ie, if you pass the tests and don’t use it, does > it become obsolete over a certain period of time? > I’ve put off doing it due to this. I’m stuck in a > non-CFA work experience related position due to > immigration issues (still waiting for Permanent > Resident status), so thought I’d wait till i took > the CSC. I’m Level 2 candidate by the way. 3 years for the CSC and 2 for the CPH