Candidates posting age

mwvt9, i never did learn your indirect method thats often raved about, if you have time some day, could you email me a breakout of it?

also Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How did you manage to get accepted to an MBA in > the middle of round 1? I applied to start in the winter quarter of the part-time MBA program. The deadline was Sept 15th, classes start in early Jan. I don’t want to go to school full-time as I need to provide for my family and I like my job.

Yep, leaving a good job = bad idear right now. My profs just gave the class a speach on the wonderful opportunities within corporate finance, I raised my hand and asked him if he was suggesting I ask for my old job back.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9, i never did learn your indirect method > thats often raved about, if you have time some > day, could you email me a breakout of it? Ha ha! I don’t even think I remember it. Seriously though, it really wasn’t anything. Just an easy way to remember the adjustments you had to make when going from the old pension standards to the new. It was basically like looking at the P&L and using the indirect method when starting from NI to reconcile to cash. Since NI has a bunch of non-cash stuff already embedded in it you have to “undo” them by reversing it (remember that from level I?). That was just about the same thing we were doing when looking at the pension adjustments. A bunch of stuff was off BS when it came to our pension liablitiy and we had to make adjustments to get it back to reality. I would have to look back at an actual example to work it all out again. But like I said it was really just a convention to remember the adjustments you had to make.

yeah, i think i get the gist of it, thanks mwvt

age, shmage… let’s do net worth, salary and bonus…

26/m/midwest

why not just attach our video cv? i’ll start it off with mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tk2GjFhJA

Marat - congrats again on the entry into GSB. I will need coaching come next autumn as start my essays. BS - what up dude? Did I tell you I bumped into Pinkman and ZimZim at the RedBull Flugtag here in Chicago in September? they were doing good but pretty bumbed about not passing. I think they are even considering not registering again…i feel bad.

PS. i posted my age, it feels good, you should try it.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yep, leaving a good job = bad idear right now. but, leaving a bad job = good idea always.

These posts are legion as study time ramps up - makes people feel like they’re preparing for exam because they’re on the forum … kind of like clearing email for two hours to avoid some dreaded or boring task at office …