Candidates posting age

I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been on this forum for 3 levels now, and I cannot for the life of me understand people’s infatuation with knowing the age of other candidates. These useless posts sitting at the top of the forum are starting to annoy the crap out of me.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been on this forum for 3 > levels now, and I cannot for the life of me > understand people’s infatuation with knowing the > age of other candidates. People want to see where they stand versus others.

I don’t know, seems childish to me.

black swan, how is your master’s program? which classes are you taking this semester?

Black Swan, is this because you’re old?

It just gives an overall sense of how long it takes to get the charter. At the same time it also gives an indication of the quantum of the extremes… ie… Some really youngs guys moving up fast; Some old folks entering late.

also Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan, is this because you’re old? No.

Black Swan is the best.

Does someone actually sit through and read all 12 pages? Dude.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > black swan, how is your master’s program? which > classes are you taking this semester? The masters program is going pretty good, right now I have capital markets and financial institutions, corporate finance (m&a class), derivatives and portfolio management. It’s alright, but to be honest, if I hadn’t screwed the pooch so bad on my undergrad gpa, there’d be absolutely no reason for me to be here after the CFA material. Did you get those apps out to MBA programs yet Marat?

Black Swan Wrote: > The masters program is going pretty good, right > now I have capital markets and financial > institutions, corporate finance (m&a class), > derivatives and portfolio management. It’s > alright, but to be honest, if I hadn’t screwed the > pooch so bad on my undergrad gpa, there’d be > absolutely no reason for me to be here after the > CFA material. It’s going to look great on your resume, fix your GPA and in conjunction with your work experience will allow you to get into any top MBA program. >Did you get those apps out to MBA > programs yet Marat? I just got accepted to University of Chicago. I have a few more days to make a decision but I’m leaning towards going for it. I will shoot you an email …

Nice work maratikus. Chicago is a serious place. Most of my biggest influences come from that program. Good luck with your decision.

Yeah Marat, I would die to be going to University of Chicago, their econ program there is amazing, you’ll probably have some high roller profs there, should be an awesome experience for sure. I got your email and am looking at my brother’s football schedule now trying to figure out when would be a good weekend.

mwvt, thank for your words of encouragement. black swan, let me know. i’d like to get together some time.

maratikus, you may be interested in this. I just posted it in the General section: http://news.uchicago.edu/news.php?asset_id=1444

I agree with you Black Swan. This kind of post is just a kind of laugh, don’t be annoyed. Even the post of your scores stuff can’t give you much information either, I would treat them as a kind of gossips. Don’t pay attention at it at all. Anyway, you are not obligated to click and read those useless threads. Cheers.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maratikus, you may be interested in this. I just > posted it in the General section: > > http://news.uchicago.edu/news.php?asset_id=1444 thanks, mwvt! You should get an AF prize for your indirect method of pension accounting.

How did you manage to get accepted to an MBA in the middle of round 1?

Cause Marat is the Micheal Phelps of Finance.