Canidates making their 2nd+ attempt

I have a question concerning the exam format. A mock test is available from the CFAI. I look at each bullet point as being a vignette. Is this a true representation of the vignette break down of the actual exam? Exam 1 - Ethical and Professional Standards - Quantitative Methods - Financial Statement Analysis - Corporate Finance - Equity Investments - Fixed-Income Investments - Derivative Investments - Portfolio Management Exam 2 -Ethical and Professional Standards - Economics - Financial Statement Analysis - Corporate Finance - Equity Investments - Fixed-Income Investments - Derivative Investments - Portfolio Management

Nothing is confirmed as CFAI change the format every year. You may see 2 PM vignettes and just 3 FSA. I think that exams usually start with Ethics and end with PM or Der.

Nodes, did you actually sit for the exam last year? There was most certainly a quant vignette. I wouldn’t read anything into the order or weighting of the mock tests, though… it can and probably will be different on the real thing. Edit: IIRC they did stick to the order in which the study sessions are numbered… i.e. they started with Ethics and then go through each topic, ending with either Derivs or PM.

nodes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no, last year, no vignette was dedicated > exclusively to quant. there was one vignette on quant but had one econ question factored into it.

Thanks for the info. Obviously, things can and probably will be different. I am trying to formulate a study strategy for my last few weeks of studying. Knowing everything would be ideal but there is only so much time. Knowing the areas that carry the most weight (FSA/Eq) is a must. Knowing that there would be only 1 quant vignette would help a lot, cuz I would lower my review emphasis in that section.

I do not see AI in this. Did AI get introduced this year ?

There was AI last year, but looks like the mocks are completely ignoring that topic?

Also, there are also only 2 FSA and 2 Equity sections. At the very least, I would expect there to be another equity section.