Cant help but think they are talking to us...

Stephanie Irons, Level 2 CFA candidate, regularly posts in Internet chat rooms dedicated to candidates studying for the Level 2 exam. Throughout the season, she and other candidates discuss curriculum content in great detail. Three days after the exam, she returns to the site and vents her frustrations over complicated exam questions by posting questions she remembers on the site, and asking others for their responses and reasoning. Other candidates follow suit and post the questions they remember. Within a week, Irons and her fellow candidates are able to reconstruct about 85% of the exam from their collective memory. Finding the exercise cathartic, she is then able to return to her job and personal life and wait for her results. Irons and her fellow candidates are most likely: A) in violation of Standard VII(A) “Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program” for providing confidential information about the exam. B) in violation of Standard VII(A) “Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program” for discussing curriculum content in a public forum prior to the exam. C) not in violation as the information about the actual exam contents was posted after the conclusion of the exam.

Clearly A.

A.

AF did freeze the forum for two days… LOL.

good ol’ CFAI, will continue to send messages thru their ethics questions, pretty funny, surprised the question didn’t call the internet chat room “Forum of Analysts”…

oh yes. this seems like a direct reference to the two individuals who recreated Level 2 a year or two ago. They posted the excel sheet up on google docs and were trying to get everyone to pitch in a question they remembered from the exam. they got exam results voided and 5 year suspension from the program. definitely not worth it. having said that, I will wager $1,000 at least one lurker that never comments will post a question regarding a specific question come exam day.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I will wager $1,000 at least one lurker that > never comments will post a question regarding a > specific question come exam day. at least one??? i think a fair over/under would be more like 20 or 30

deriv108 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AF did freeze the forum for two days… LOL. I was lost those two days… anytime I try to think about it, I go and cry in the corner… please never again.

Just curious, is it an violation to discuss (Level 3) Essay Questions before it’s posted by CFAI?