Can't seem to focus...

I don’t know if you guys are on the same boat with me but…

My friends were calling me last night to go out for a drink…and I rejected it.

Today there was a Champions league final game and my soccer buddies go “Can’t you even make two hours to watch the game? What are you studying? CFA? man… isn’t that like a securities license that anybody can pass within 2 wks?”.

I seriously wanted to go cut their heads off.

"What are you studying? CFA? man… isn’t that like a securities license that anybody can pass within 2 wks?”.

they actually said that?

lol

haha, I would feel the same

That’s hilarious!

It’s better dealing with that vs. two kids and a wife. You’re smart - do it now. Wish I knew about CFA before grad school.

…and I get “you’ll pass, you study so hard” and “what’s CFA, is it like the CPA?”

Just wanna scream when I hear either.

Just think about the massive summer party! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

same here… friends just dont know why i needa stay home all the time and still screwed up last year indecision

same here… friends just dont know why i needa stay home all the time and still screwed up last year indecision

I got this last summer with the follow up question, “So you need a CPA to do taxes, but you don’t really need the CFA for anything?”

But the all time kick in the teeth for me was when someone said, “If you really wanted to do something challenging, you should’ve gone for the CFP. My financial advisor is going for his and he told me it’s like getting a phd in finance”

My response was, “oh, is that so?”… my thought process was “Your advisor is either a liar, an idiot, or both. Now scram before I choke you out”

lol, i tutored a CFP candidate a month ago and she could not get her head around geometric compounding. we spent over 45 mins just doing compounded rates of return (ex: ^5, ^6) and geometric averages (^(1/6), ^(1/5)) and she just could not mentally grapple with any kind of expoential problem.

i guy in the public library who always sits across me asked me yesterday whether he could take a look at my CFA books…he then said ‘oh its like GCSE/A-levels then’…argh.

^

Availabitliy Bias

-Limited Experience

^ + Representative Bias, sample size neglect.

The guy is a financial advisor. _ By definition he is both a liar and an idiot. _

good thing you didn’t go, that champions league match lasted way longer than 2 hours.

[quote=“Brainwashed”]

The guy is a financial advisor. _ By definition he is both a liar and an idiot. _

[quote=“cfaretake”]

Ha Ha so true. If anyone ever questions CFA vs. CFP difficulty, direct the idiot to the CFP website where it says that if you have the CFA, you can skip the pathetic CFP education requirments and just take the exam: http://www.cfp.net/become/education.asp

Ha ha, don’t think you’ll find any type of waivers on the CFA website. . . .

I work with a bunch of CFP’s - they are akin to eye doctors

some are smart and good, but most are average (for lack of a better term)