Career Change

Guys, This question might have appeared a number of times on this forum… however would like some insight from you people. I am from a engineering background and have no experience in finance… now, I am planning to change my field to Finance (Investment Banking). I am taking the CFA L1 in June 2008. I am not planning to go to school to get a MBA at this point …So now my question is… how helpful will CFA L1 be in getting me into the field of finance… and are there any other small certifications that I should take to improve my chances… like “training the street” to name a few… which ones would be useful for the career change. Thanks.

Nope, you’re the first to ask… CFA L1 will be quite helpful in getting you a job as a sales assistant in wealth management or even in a discount brokerage call center. From there, the world’s your oyster.

Thanks for the quick response. Sould I consider doing any of the certifications…how useful will that be.

nice

“Thanks for the quick response. Sould I consider doing any of the certifications…how useful will that be.” I saw CAIA on a biz card the other day…really caught my eye!

CAIA or FRM? lol

I summon MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE… MotU is way better

I am an IT professional looking to get into investment banking/hedge funds. Will that help me, or no kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I summon MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE… > > MotU is way better

I love it.

This may sound stupid… what does MOTU refer to…