Career opportunities in UAE for FRM's and CFA's??

My name is Emmad, I am from Pakistan and will be visiting UAE next week for job search.

I am ACCA, FRM & CFA level II passed and have almost 4.5 years of experience in the field of auditing and accounting. Do u guys have any idea regarding the job market in UAE for FRMs and CFAs?? Or any of your useful advise that increases my chance of getting a job in UAE… Your suggestions, advise & experiences would be highly appreciated…

Thanks in advance

I worked in Dubai for a year as an equity research analyst, and I can tell you for a fact that the CFA designation is definitely well regarded in the UAE and Middle East in general. The reason for this is that the qualifications in the region are always suspect, with Middle Eastern university products not being the greatest in comparison to graduates from the US, UK and Western Europe, Canada etc., so the CFA designation is just a common yard stick and stamp of approval in terms of minimum knowledge base. That being said, recruitment processes in the Middle East take an insanely long time period, and if you’re going to be over there for a single week it is highly unlikely that you will land something in that impossibly short timeframe. In general though, tons of people from Pakistan make it over to the UAE via working at smaller shops in Bahrain, or even just landing straight in the UAE directly so the Pakistan-UAE connection is pretty solid in the finance sector at least.

FRM does not have a wide reach, especially internationally.