Career Opportunity - Product Control

I currently have an offer in a Commodities Product Control Role but due to some comments i’ve read online i’m not sure if it’s a good choice to take. I’m currently a TP Senior Consultant, Msc in Economics and Finance and just passed CFA Level 1. I’d be interested to move into more finance-related jobs (e.g., analyst, risk management) but i’m not sure if Product Control could take to that or if it would be better to stay in TP and wait for a better opportunity.

All comments are appreciated

Hi, the final decision is still up to you, but here are a few things I think you should consider: firstly, think about your career options, not just now, but in the future too. Secondly, do a bit of digging around to find out how future-proof various jobs are (like how tech or global changes might affect them). Thirdly, remember work-life balance, everyone has their own way of doing it, but it’s best to pick a path that lets you really live.

Personally, I rec you should stick with consulting, especially as you mentioned it’s something you’re into. It’d be cool if the company could let you do some sort of trial run in a new role. Sometimes things sound amazing on paper but the reality can be pretty tough.

1 Like