CBV

Anyone doing or already completed the CBV on here?

wtf is CBV, is it similar to the FRG?

go to a strip club and see if a girl knows of CBV…taht’s how you test the designation i told a stripper i got the CFA, i got an extra minute on each song…next time, she said i can bring a symphony for her to dance to for the price of a rap song.

^ HAHA

I signed up for the first course last week… Friend of mine is completing it as well. He just wrote a couple exams I believe, but have yet to connect with him to see how they were. Are you signed up for it as well?

Chartered Business Valuator (CBV). It’s a Canadian valuation designation widely held by valuations practitioners in Canada (usually people working in the valuations group of accounting firms). I believe the U.S. has a similar designation (ASA).

I am also interested to learn more about CBV. It has been on my TODO list for two years and I still haven’t had the chance to look at it. (Yes, I know I am lazy.)

So it looks like I’m the only one who’s actually registered for a course? It’s gonna be a lonely battle!

I registered for Intro BV. As a CFA charteholder, you get exemptions for two of the six courses you are required to take (four required, two electives). You need to get 1500 hours in valuation experience (750 can come from a support role such as due diligence, but at least 750 has to be delivering a valuation opinion). Once you have the courses and hours, you can apply to write the Membership Entrance Exam.

I considered this, but curriculum looks like a tamed down CFA, so if you’re looking for the letters, go for it (although nobody really will care in most industries). Maybe it’s recognized in the Accounting world, but not banking… I guess there is some value in learning the tax section though… just my $.02

landrybj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I registered for Intro BV. As a CFA charteholder, > you get exemptions for two of the six courses you > are required to take (four required, two > electives). You need to get 1500 hours in > valuation experience (750 can come from a support > role such as due diligence, but at least 750 has > to be delivering a valuation opinion). Once you > have the courses and hours, you can apply to write > the Membership Entrance Exam. Toss me an email at bishdiggy at hotmail. I don’t know anyone else currently enrolled in the Intro BV course and it would be helpful to be able to discuss the curriculum with someone. Look forward to hearing from you.

On “to do” list for 2 yrs and still need to learn about it? You haven’t managed to take the 90 seconds to review the website in 2 years? You must be very passionate and motivated to do it. eltia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am also interested to learn more about CBV. It > has been on my TODO list for two years and I still > haven’t had the chance to look at it. (Yes, I > know I am lazy.)