CE NOOO!

So i just got a response back from our compliance department regarding the THIRTY HOURS of CE I have to complete before June 1st. No extensions, no ifs ands or buts, they said I have to complete this by the end of this month or pay a ridiculous fine ($1525). So lucky me, I now get to fit 30 hours of online CE in between now and the end of the month. Plus work, PLUS studying…ok no excuses…just whining

There’s 24 hours in a day, so it should only take you 1.25 days.

annual compliant CE? no shortcut?

Hire a college student to take it. $10/hour. Any means necessary bro

no shortcuts, this comes up once every 2 years. i am licensed in all 50 states so it creates a heck of a backlash if I dont follow whatever our compliance officers tell us. no kidding slash.

What state and what is it for? I wish there was a PM system on this board. A lot of these online websites you can get serious hours in quickly. Hint you can do 12 hours per day by law but 12 hours takes less… The CPA stuff is a bit worse but you can easily get 25+ hours in a single Bisk package that will take 4-5 hours.

Everyone is registered in all 50 states, no. this an internal policy? seems quite aggressive. NASDAQ/SERIES whatever cont. eds are like once every 2 yrs, you sit in front of the TV and click on little buildings while they teach you to be ethical for about an hour and a half. My firm I thought was strict- we have to do one continuing ed sort of thing a quarter. They take all of 10-30 min each. What on earth do you do that could require 30 hours? That is more than Li-Lo got for every offense she’s ever committed. Nutty.

30 hours has to be for insurance…correct?

yeah Im pretty sure this one is for the insurance. i dont really read the requirements or follow my licensing, I just do what compliance tells me to do and it seems to work out. either way there is no way out of it and it just well…sucks. i guess it could be worse. i suppose any one of us could get hurt or have a serious illness/passing away with a loved one. ill try to keep perspective.

Skip, insurance are BY far the quickest to get. You can get 30 hours in a span of 2 hours by simply having general knowledge. What is your resident license state?

Texas…my coworker has been going through them and some of them you can click through to the final exam and as long as you pass the exam you get the credit. others require you to sit through their lesson and dont activate the “next slide” button until the 1-2 minutes passes so they know you are sitting there.

if you know a quick way to get some CE hours that is ethical and legal i am all ears

Just skip it then. $1525 for 30 hours of work => $51/hour. Consider it paying for a vacation. It’s better than compromising your L3 exam which over the course of 4-6 months of studying, $1525 is like peanuts. Once you get fined, appeal it. Regardless, push it out of your mind like I do for late child support.

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just skip it then. $1525 for 30 hours of work => > $51/hour. Consider it paying for a vacation. It’s > better than compromising your L3 exam which over > the course of 4-6 months of studying, $1525 is > like peanuts. > > Once you get fined, appeal it. Regardless, push it > out of your mind like I do for late child support. I agree with this. Don’t waste your time if you actually have to spend 30 hours doing it.

holla at me pinkman---- sadeejay@ yahoo dot com

if it makes you feel better skip, i got curveballed and had to take the 24 a little ways before the test last year. it all worked out… wait… umm… no, i’m here again… i passed the 24 no prob though. i’m sure you’ll pass your CE with flying colors!

dude, at this point, I’d just pay the fine.