cfa 2010 v cfa 2011

do i have to buy cfa (or schweser) books for june 2011 althougt i have for 2010? is there a lot of difference, or i can compare and print it? can i learn from june 2010? thanks in advance.

Bad idea to study from old books. They change the curriculum from year to year and supposedly like to test new material more as an incentive to keep up to date. I’ve heard that L1 in 2011 includes a more serious look at some technical analysis than in the traditional curriculum.

I can send you the LOS summary changes from 2010-2011 and you can judge for yourself…but don’t they send new books when you register for each exam?

you get new books anyway when you register for the exam so study from those for 2011 there will be significant changes

Lot of changes for 2011. Equity and PM have changed almost entirely and there are two new readings in CF. Also, as bchadwick said, technical analysis is totally different.

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can send you the LOS summary changes from > 2010-2011 and you can judge for yourself…but > don’t they send new books when you register for > each exam? could you please send me. mirjanamk@hotmail.com I am just making a plan and would like to hear another opinion. could I learn 2010 books from schweser and the new stuff from cfa? is this stupid idea, or? or I should learn all from cfa? thanks again, it means lot to me.

^ Yes, it is a stupid idea. Did you read what bchadwick and beatthecfa wrote? LOTS of changes Just buy elan study notes they are not so expensive (around 150$ for June 2010; would have checked for 2011 but I really don’t like their new website) Why study from the wrong materials? 2009 for 2010 might have worked but 2010 for 2011 will not

ok, understood. just one question more: elan oder schweser?

here the LOS summary changes from 2010-2011 link http://www.finquiz.com/cfa_level_1_curriculum_changes_2010_2011 ********just one question more: elan oder schweser?********* schweser

thanks a lot to all

@Andreaa: You actually preferred the old one??? @Ramzes: Use the search function for feedback on Elan and Schweser