CFA - 32 Sample Questions

rado, there’s no difference in the curriculum between the June and December exams in any given year. Study providers don’t bother issuing different versions of the study notes, and neither does CFAI.

some of these posts make me feel much more conifident about myself…wow

Kevin, Lola, and Rado, I was at jury duty all day today, just getting to this forum now. At least I had several uninterrupted hours to read that microeconomics textbook (luckily I didn’t get called to sit in the jury box :slight_smile: ) Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide, I really do appreciate it! It’s too bad there’s not a reduced-price ‘full-time student’ version available, like there are with many other professional memberships. Regarding LOS, is there a more detailed list of what topics should be included for each SS other than the brief one-sentence description of each SS? Eg, SS4 is Microeconomic Analysis, but I don’t know what subtopics should be included within SS4 beyond that. Thanks!!!

Sha_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dude, dude, dude… > ur level 1 exam is gonna be 240 questions… > do you think doing 32 mcq’s is going to be > representative of the actual exam? > I think not. I was referring more to the depth of those questions, obviously not the breadth. But as others have answered previously, the difficulty should be roughly similar, which makes me feel better. Of course there is way more material I need to learn, and I’m workin’ on it :slight_smile:

Yeah, for sure bro. but you’ve gotta realise…when there are more questions to answer, then the examiners can delve more deeply into a subject…which is where the depth or difficulty is gonna increase. Which is why i’m gonna send you some stuff… :slight_smile: … if you still want it that is?! Good luck Stratus!

Hi Sha, thanks for the offer but I think I have enough reading materials for the time being. Ie, I know from my own uni studies that sometimes it’s better to have a few things and do them in-depth then too-many things that you keep glossing over the details.

Stratus, i don’t want to overstate, but i feel like i need to offer up some advice. A little background: I am 42, been on the street for close to 20 years trading equities, derivatives, and debt and my degree is in accounting (although I cannot remember too much from college days.) I started studying the first week of August and was worried then that i didnt allow enough time. Much of the material is review for me, but the shear volume of testable material is almost overwhelming. To properly prepare for the Dec. 1st exam in 5-ish weeks is going to be very tough…unless you are rain man. If there is a way to get your money back or postpone the exam to June I would encourage you to do it. Get the current reading material and/or notes…and make a good effort. For me personally, at my age, with a family who is making a sacrifice too (I study after work until 8 or 9 during the week) I cannot afford to fail an exam. If I fail in Dec. it pushes back the date I can finish the process by a year, and adds another 4-5 months to my family’s sacrifice. So young Stratus, get it done, and get it done right…and good luck to you.

I think stratus can still do it (with the right background and the right time), if he has the right material…

Hmmm I wouldn’t want this guy to manage my portfolio.

I’m calling Shenanigans The final deadline to register for the December 2007 exam was in September. So unless stratus has a time machine it’s unlikely that he/she signed up the Thursday before October 22nd.

No, I read online there was a problem registering in India, so for fairness they had to keep the deadline the same for all countries. Hence I was able to register 1.5 weeks ago. Okay, I just dug this up, direclty from CFA Institute. You can read this if you want, specifically the bottom paragraph. So deadline was at least Oct 1, and obviously they extended it further. http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/worldwide/asiapac/india/updatesfordec07exam.html Honestly I don’t care whether people think I registered 1.5 weeks ago or not, I just want to pass the exam.

Well…if that is indeed the case, then I withdraw my call of shenanigans and the subsequent time machine remark. I am skeptical of your plan, and think your chances of success are low, but if you can pull it off more power to you. I am sure candidates exist that studied less and were able to pass. Good luck.

Hi Sha_CFA, Do you mind send me a copy of it for me to practise as well? appreciate it. Here’s my email addr: edmundfong@gmail.com Thanks buddy! stratus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sha_CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > dude, dude, dude… > > ur level 1 exam is gonna be 240 questions… > > do you think doing 32 mcq’s is going to be > > representative of the actual exam? > > I think not. > > I was referring more to the depth of those > questions, obviously not the breadth. But as > others have answered previously, the difficulty > should be roughly similar, which makes me feel > better. Of course there is way more material I > need to learn, and I’m workin’ on it :slight_smile:

Hey Guys, Is there a big difference between the topics for 2006 and those for 2007? If yes, can you give me the topics where there were main updates? Actually, I used the following: -Schweser 2006 for FSA, Alternative Investments, Derivatives and Ethics. -CFAI 2007 for Equity and Fixed Income. -Schweser 2007 for economics. -Schweser 2006 Book 6 for Sample Exams. Am I up to date or do I have many areas to catch up?! Thanks a lot.