CFA addict...You know you're still hooked when...

I just can’t stop checking the level 2 forum, as if by habitually checking in everyday I’ll increase my score on last Saturday’s exam…I refrain from checking my ‘answers’ since I’m not wanting to freak myself out! Besides, I fail to comprehend how anyone can remember the majority of their answers to the 120 questions… attended a conference at work today and as a colleague reached for a chocolate muffin I muttered that he made a good extraction…market extraction…WTF??? what’s happening to me? Have I ate, slept the CFA program for too long?? Crikey!! It’s bliss not having to study though, I’ve got time to procrastinate over the simple things again: - spending quality time with my better half without thinking of FSA/Equity/BSM everytime she opens her mouth lol; - cooking dinner and not feeling guilty for taking more than 15mins to do so; - finding that my guitar hasn’t disappeared, it’s still in the corner of my living room; - shall I go surfing this weekend instead of reading Defined Benefit Pension accounting… This summer is going to be sweet…I reckon life throws these obstacles in your path deliberately: the sweet wouldn’t be so without the sour…

One reason why only 1/5 complete the program is that there is often no incentive to finish it, but there is a strong incentive to start it. For a finance professional early in their career with little experience simply signing up for the CFA program and sitting the first exam can be enough to win a promotion. It demonstrates “seriousness” and so on, for someone who has little else to put on their resume. Having won the early promotions, and established themselves in their careers, many then see much less value in completing the program, as they have the experience necessary to win the jobs they are seeking. None of this is to denigrate the program. In fact, were it not valued then signing up for it wouldn’t offer an early advantage. What I am really saying is that the number of people who do not complete the program isn’t any measure of how hard it is or of its value–there are screwy incentives causing that result. from a comment on the Economist… hits it on the head

For me, checking AF so soon after the exam was a big mistake. On Sunday night after finding out I went 0 for 15 or so with the questions I guessed on, I first felt shocked and then grudgingly accepted that I may not have passed. This feeling is really crappy, and knowing that it won’t lift until at least the end of August makes it worse. Now I keep coming back to check AF because like many of you, for the past 6 months I aliented myself from the outside world and now AF is the only home I know.

I just checked this forum for the first time today. I knew from last year to wait a few days at least for my mental health benefit.