CFA annual satisfaction survey

I didnt get such survey. Is it for members only?

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I didnt get such survey. Is it for members only? it’s for members only now, but once they offer a Series 7 type exam half the world will be receiving it!!! yay!!!

the problem is they make more money off exam fees so even if 50% of members stop paying dues then with increased pool of candidates they make more money…its kinda killing the golden goose for the egg but the windfall i imagine is getting to large to ignore…some cold hard numbers would help in this analysis

at the end of the day the CFAI is a business first, educational institute second. i mean, i guess you can say that mercedes didnt ruin the brand by offering the C class as they are still looked upon as a luxury auto manufacturer. i guess CFAI’s challenege is can they maintain the prestiege of the charter while offering a watered-down version of it

How did you receive the survey? Email? I haven’t gotten it (or accidentally deleted it), but I definitely want to vote against that garbage. This is the same CFAI that wants to relax the work experience requirement among other things. There are plenty of designations that are easy to get and show a basic interest and knowledge of finance (CIMA, CFC, etc, etc). It’s CFAI’s job to maintain the credibility and prestige of the designation. If they’re not going to do that, we should be able to replace the current CFAI board members with others who will.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How did you receive the survey? Email? > > I haven’t gotten it (or accidentally deleted it), > but I definitely want to vote against that > garbage. This is the same CFAI that wants to > relax the work experience requirement among other > things. > > There are plenty of designations that are easy to > get and show a basic interest and knowledge of > finance (CIMA, CFC, etc, etc). It’s CFAI’s job to > maintain the credibility and prestige of the > designation. If they’re not going to do that, we > should be able to replace the current CFAI board > members with others who will. Came by email, was also sent a reminder a few weeks later. Perhaps they are only doing a sample survey? I’ll wager that the majority of responses were against the new qualification, but that we see CFAI unveil it sometime this year or the next. It’s all about the $$$$$.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How did you receive the survey? Email? > > I haven’t gotten it (or accidentally deleted it), > but I definitely want to vote against that > garbage. This is the same CFAI that wants to > relax the work experience requirement among other > things. > > There are plenty of designations that are easy to > get and show a basic interest and knowledge of > finance (CIMA, CFC, etc, etc). It’s CFAI’s job to > maintain the credibility and prestige of the > designation. If they’re not going to do that, we > should be able to replace the current CFAI board > members with others who will. Yes via email. Well technically, they didn’t change or relax the experience requirements. The new bylaw was to make it easier for the board to make changes in the future. The experience requirements will remain unchanged (for this year anyway). I don’t think the issue with the new certification is a snobbery thing. It’s just going to cause more confusion in the marketplace. The CFA is hard and I’m sure a lot of people will cut their losses and just go for something that “looks and sounds” like the CFA, thus diluting the value of the designation. I don’t want to have to go around defending the designation, the society should be the one working to build up that brand.

Maybe CFAI saw that I voted against their work experience bylaw and decided not to send me the survey regarding the semi-CFA designation. A new CFA^(1/2) designation sponsored by CFAI would ultimately diminish the marginal value of the full designation. Right now it marginal benefit is higher because there’s no other designation in finance that is even close to the value or recognition of the CFA.

i mean if you look at it from a business prospective its a great growth strategy for CFAI. CFAI already has a globally recognized brand (with value) and this is the perfect opportunity for them to leverage that brand and get tens of thousands of new people to sit for an exam (read, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) and then the dues that could generate. in terms of independent finance tests, they already arguably have the best brand, and an “easier” exam would allow all those who know how hard the CFA is to hand over their money to CFAI with the hopes of getting some kind of advanced credential. unfortunately, its like Mercedes and the C-class and not Lambo and the gallardo…