CFA annual satisfaction survey

Has anyone completed this? There’s a section in it that asks for your opinion on the CFA creating an easy-to-obtain certification to provide a very basic level of investment knowledge. I think this is a terrible idea. While they won’t be able to use the CFA letters after their name, they certainly will be able to put “CFA Society, certification xx” on their resume. I think hiring managers and HR are confused enough as it is without having to now distinguish between the two. The survey takes way too much time but I hope people will give their feedback on this issue.

I absolutely agree.

In other words, CFAI want to create a CFA-lite so they can get membership fees from people who don’t want to go through the normal CFA exams.

I completed it last week and said no way to the certification thing.

i think its a great idea flood the job market with confusing cfa sub designations from which we would get greater membership fees wait …whats that?..u mean not from the prospect of the money hungry wasteful CFAI ok sorry…naaah its a terrible idea

hell fucking no!

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think its a great idea flood the job market with > confusing cfa sub designations from which we would > get greater membership fees wait > …whats that?..u mean not > from the prospect of the money hungry wasteful > CFAI ok sorry…naaah its > a terrible idea They do have to pay those officer salaries somehow. You think JDR’s $1.08MM just comes out of thin air?

It’s a ridiculous idea and I certainly said I was dead against it and I hope all other members do too.

HORRIBLE IDEA. there already is a lesser credential available to the general public, its called an MBA.

Maybe if they only let the designation be used as an adverb, it would be ok.

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there already is a lesser credential available to the general public, its called an MBA. Please, there’s already enough controversy over a math problem, we don’t need to fuel the fire - or do we? Which is more controversial: CFA vs. MBA or 2 vs. 288?

The snobbery in this type of debate is unreal!

^Didnt realy notice the snobbery But the idea of a CFA Lite, is just terrible, itsnt their already an IMC (Investment Management Certificate) that you can get anyway

EoghanLyons Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The snobbery in this type of debate is unreal! You are new and I presume haven’t actually passed any exams yet. So therefore, it’s entirely likely based on your comment that not having actually put any work into obtaining a difficult credential yet, you don’t grasp the reaction those who have put the time in have in response to diluting that credential.

I’d want to know how different is it from just passing L1. Will the letters look substantially different from CFA. CFA makes us spend all this time protecting their brand, and then they decide that they don’t feel like protecting it themselves?

The difference is that CFA L1 passers don’t pay annual fees…

i am yet to get the charter but i am feeling more and more like a sucker

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The difference is that CFA L1 passers don’t pay > annual fees… BING-FCKN-GO! this is EXACTL what its all about.

i recall reading somewhere that they make the majority of their money for exam fees …like 75%, the rest from annual fees…

I agree and also lambasted them on the survey. I was a little caught off guard to see that they were really asking us about something like that. Seriously, why did I waste my time getting the charter if the CFA “brand” is going to be weakened by CFA-lite designations?