CFA Book Questions

Why do some readings in the CFA books only have 1 to 5 or so odd questions? Some readings don’t even have a single question! Are they indirectly telling me that specific section won’t be tested? Obviously not, since they say everything in the book is fair game. In my eyes, the limited amount of questions just doesn’t make sense because the questions don’t even cover all the LOS’s of the respective reading assignments. Is it too much for them to create questions for all LOS’s or have questions that test you on all the topics in the readings. I think every reading should have, at minimum, one question for every sub-topic found in the readings or at least one question for each LOS. Just a mini rant. Anyone care to throw in their 2 cents?

I was wondering the same thing. Oh well, that’s why there is qbank and passmaster.

I would like to see more questions on al the readings. Also it seems that the readings with no questions build up to the reading that follows it. Maybe they don’t want us to get comfortable with questions that would be regarded as to easy.

I haven’t found the questions to be all that useful. So far I have averaged 80%+ in all my readings. I really don’t feel like I know 80% of the information, maybe a solid 70%. The end of chapter questions are a fairly good review tool, but I would easily sacrifice them with a 10 - 20 question self-test using qbank. Just my opinion.

cfacowtown - you averaged 80% on quant in CFA1 books?? the non-multiple choice questions from that and some from FSA were pretty difficult to answer 100% correctly on a given question. I feel the multiple choice questions particularly from econ, ethics, and parts of eq/fi aren’t that tough but the open end problems tend to be a waste of time as I feel the format for most of them are likely not to be anything close to what we’ll see on test day. They’re good practice but I wouldn’t judge ones progress on those type of questions, rather Qbank would probably be a better measuring stick at this point.

jjenkins Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfacowtown - you averaged 80% on quant in CFA1 > books?? the non-multiple choice questions from > that and some from FSA were pretty difficult to > answer 100% correctly on a given question. > I feel the multiple choice questions particularly > from econ, ethics, and parts of eq/fi aren’t that > tough but the open end problems tend to be a waste > of time as I feel the format for most of them are > likely not to be anything close to what we’ll see > on test day. They’re good practice but I wouldn’t > judge ones progress on those type of questions, > rather Qbank would probably be a better measuring > stick at this point. In the process of full disclosure, “all my readings” was referring to everything but quant and AI, which I haven’t really dipped into. I’ll be more specific next time. I just meant to say that what I have come across so far, have not really been all that challenging.