CFA books vs Schweser

Is it worth buying the Schweser notes in addition to the CFA books?

I think if you are pressed for time, schweser helps with seeing the big picture. At that point, I use schweser pro and CFAI to fill in the details.

No. It’s entirely unnecessary. Plus, the Schweser users didn’t do very well last year as I recall…

I use both - wouldn’t trade it for the world…

Same here. I use CFAI books and Schweser. Just bought pdfs and Q-bank. I think schweser focuses your attention as you might be distracted by the amount of details in CFA material.

I use schweser for two main reasons: 1) focus of the material 2) questions (and i’ve noticed this year compared to previous year schwser questions i’ve see, Schweser seems to be better mimicing the essay style questions we shoudl expect)

You got to buy Schweser (Notes or Q-Bank) for practice questions. There aren’t nearly enough questions in the CFAI books.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You got to buy Schweser (Notes or Q-Bank) for > practice questions. There aren’t nearly enough > questions in the CFAI books. Does anybody know how Passmaster compares to Q-bank for L3?

ChrisW, what information do you have indicating such low pass rates for schweser?

So far I am unimpressed with the notes (only through the first 4 study sessions so far). They really seem to be lacking info - sometimes not addressing the LOS at all. However, the new CFAI material layout is not great - some of the LOS are not addressed until you read the answer to the questions. For example - the risk tolerance section, no where in the CFAI readings or notes does it specify that you should categorize the tolerance as above-, below- or average. Until you see the answers you may get the idea. I would recommend using both the notes and CFAI readings, additionally - try to find a copy of last years notes.

i agree. i ended up buying the schweser pro test bank.