CFA Bookstore

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I see Member as well. Not sure if it means > anything though. > > What if someone passed and didn’t pay his due, > would they keep him as Level 3 Candidate? I think it means something. I’d think it even more if it were confirmed that it said “Level 3 Candidate” over the summer. (And if it turns out the guys on the LII forum are BSing, I never said this.)

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > it all means nothing. 15 mins, when results > were > > updating, everyone who passed were seeing L3 > > candidate and i still saw Register for L2, > turns > > out i passed, so now i am not even going to > bother > > checking the website. > > > I remember that … > > Check it man … let’s get some more info here. I saw Comp Sci’s message saying the same thing in the big thread about this last August (which I just looked at). Someone else said: (1) he had the registration link for III and (2) the bookstore still said “Level 2 candidate.” The registration beat the bookstore to the punch last year; maybe it’s different this year. We know to a near certainty that the registration link turnover won’t work this year because they’re shutting down access to the site from tomorrow morning until showtime Tuesday. They sure seem to be doing SOME KIND of changeover with the bookstore site. I still don’t see the logic of an intermediate, placeholder step between just flpping the 2s to 3s and the 3s to completes after the results are in. That sure seems like what they did last year. Maybe I’m missing it.

it means nothing. If you took level 2, passed and didn’t register for level 3, you are not candidate–therefore not supposed to get discounts in bookstore. If you took level 2, failed and not registered again for level 2–you are not candidate and not supposed to get discount MEANS NOTHING–3 more days to wait

ok lets break it down: if you pass and are a member of the CFAI, it makes sense that it says name, member if you pass and not a memeber yet then should be just name if you fail and are a member it should say name, member if you fail and not a member it should just be the name so it really doesnt imply ANYTHING.

We need at least one guy with “Level 3 Candidate” instead of “Member”

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ok lets break it down: > > if you pass and are a member of the CFAI, it makes > sense that it says name, member > if you pass and not a memeber yet then should be > just name > if you fail and are a member it should say name, > member > if you fail and not a member it should just be the > name > > so it really doesnt imply ANYTHING. The idea is if you fail and are a member, we’re assuming it would say something like Member, Level 3 Candidate

TOTALY AGREE with needhelp. You probably got much better answers than mine in the morning, straight to the point :slight_smile:

They were definitely doing something funky with the site today, since it wasn’t letting me log in at all and then told me I couldn’t attempt anymore because I had tried too much. Sneak sneaky. We are all level 3 candidates until the 19th. Then we are either charter pending (charter pending candidates?), or we have to fork over another registration fee in order to call ourselves candidates.

atpr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think it means anything. Technically we > are ALL no longer canditates. You are a candidate > if you sighned up for exam. I think they took > candidate from everybody who took the exam. So if > you are a member it stays that, otherwise you have > just your name This isn’t true. You are still a candidate until your results come out.

from level 2 they don’t see anything under their name–prooves my point they took “candidate” from everybody

Dean! Finally, someone makes the call! aptr, ethics…ethics.

Yep, i dont see anything under my name either. Means i am back to L2! (note i am not a member)

I don’t see anything under my name (I am not a member)

Damn it… This forum again made me loose my cool. This time I was very determined not to post before exam results. I promised myself not to whine, not to check book store etc. Then,once again here I am. Yes, I checked as well, it shows only my name, and yes, I am not a member.

Here is what it shows me… don’t know what to make of it ! “CFA Institute Bookstore Server Error Our Bookstore is currently experiencing technical difficulties.”

Trust me on this one - these things work if you figure it out early enough. After a while CFA go there and “disarm” so this does not become an indicator.

I was able to login this around 6:30AM EST this morning, now I am getting the error message. Did we ever get a confirmation of anyone seeing “Name, Level 3 Candidate”?