CFA Bookstore

I know it’s stupid but I just can’t help it… This is the post from Level 2 http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,809802

YOU PASSED!

Everything above 70

wow mine says my name and then CFA Institute Member! woo effing hoooo

mine says the same thing. I am sure its nothing, I am the member since last year. I don’t know why I keep refreshing analystforum…Its addiction

Meaningless [quietly goes to cfabookstore.com]

i’m too scared to do it !!! Anyone on here went and saw L3 candidate? or just welcome and their name?

Name, “CFA Institute Member.” Wish I’d have gone to the site earlier to compare the two. I’m a sucker, I know, but … Does this mean anything?

Wasn’t the bookstore test the thing that revealed a few days ahead of time whether you passed LII last August? Or was that something else?

What I’m probably guessing is, some time today the CFAI changed everyones “level 2 or Level 3 candidate status” to “CFA Institute Member”. SO some people on here checked before , then checked after the change. The ONLY way to tell, is if someone goes on there now. Im pretty sure anyone who goes on that site until the marks come out will all see the same thing i.e “CFA Institute Member” If someone see’s something else, please post

Why would there be an intermediate step on the way between L2 Member and L3 Member? Wouldn’t they just do the change? Last year when the registration link changed before the results were out it let you know whether you had passed. Someone in the thread said that he had the registration link change, but was still a “Level 2” in the bookstore. So, at least last year, the bookstore was the last link to change. They’ll be changing the registration links over the weekend when the registration site is closed so that probably won’t be a giveaway this year. Maybe the bookstore is the giveaway.

I don’t think it means anything. Technically we are ALL no longer canditates. You are a candidate if you sighned up for exam. I think they took candidate from everybody who took the exam. So if you are a member it stays that, otherwise you have just your name

atpr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think it means anything. Technically we > are ALL no longer canditates. You are a candidate > if you sighned up for exam. I think they took > candidate from everybody who took the exam. So if > you are a member it stays that, otherwise you have > just your name It strikes me as an extra and unnecessary step, though. What’s lost by just waiting until the results are in and then flipping everyone who passed over? What’s gained by changing ours from “Level 3 candidate” to something else? (Assuming of course it’s said "Level 3 candidate all summer – that’s the mystery, at least to me, since I never looked at the thing until now.) I haven’t thought of it in a year, but the bookstore thing meant something last year. People were checking so much the site would crash. I’m fuzzy on the details though. I kept thinking in the last few months that there was SOMETHING else we were checking other than the registration site last year and I’m pretty sure now it was the bookstore. Again, fuzzy on the details of why. I wish I’d remembered it was the bookstore because I’d have had something to compare what’s up there today with what’s been up there all summer.

Is it confirmed that for us it said “Level 3 candidate” over the summer?

it all means nothing. 15 mins, when results were updating, everyone who passed were seeing L3 candidate and i still saw Register for L2, turns out i passed, so now i am not even going to bother checking the website.

I see Member as well. Not sure if it means anything though. What if someone passed and didn’t pay his due, would they keep him as Level 3 Candidate?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it all means nothing. 15 mins, when results were > updating, everyone who passed were seeing L3 > candidate and i still saw Register for L2, turns > out i passed, so now i am not even going to bother > checking the website. But in the aggregate, taking into account that there were glitches here and there, didn’t the registration link turnover predict what happened on the exam last year? Sure looks like it did from the thread.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it all means nothing. 15 mins, when results were > updating, everyone who passed were seeing L3 > candidate and i still saw Register for L2, turns > out i passed, so now i am not even going to bother > checking the website. I remember that … Check it man … let’s get some more info here.

emarkhans Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it confirmed that for us it said “Level 3 > candidate” over the summer? I have no idea, I didn’t even know such a page (www.CFAbookstore.com) existed before today.