CFA...can I do it? If you're a CA or CA student from India !! Please reply

@krazykanuck and mk17: I just bought some popcorns. Will be happy to share them with both of you when we get back here on Monday. The topic is getting more interesting…

This place is full of very bad people …that’s what I read somewhere in the forum …very true

Sorry if you felt offended.

Let me make few points clear:

1)I have nothing against Indian CA’s.Few of my uncles (who are CA’s) are hitting $100k per annum in Mumbai which is gr8 considering cost of living in India.Both my uncles are NOT doing CA related jobs right now.One of them is VP operations of a global financial firm while other is managing operations in a big medicine producing company.

2)I am just against the attitude of some Indian CA’s who think they are better than CFA/FRM/MBA etc…etc.

3)CA is no more a golden ticket to continued respectable employment.Simply because there are too many CA’s now a days.

4)You should surely go for CFA .All the best.I think for CFAL1 you won’t have much problem.

Thanks and all the best.

I was just making a point clear to you that economics in CFA is much harder than economics you learn elsewhere.My friend was graduate in economics and still he was unable to score well in eco section of CFA L1.

Thanks I’ll do my best …just one little thing …is it possible if I go for self study ?

Yes.

And yes I do agree that CA people have this mentality that they’re the best and others can go die …I feel really sad you had to hear all that! I am not one of those people! I’m agreeing that CA is on the way to saturation …everyone is doing it but not passing though …

Anupriya:Just like i said Indian CA is full of corruption.Lets leave this topic.Most of my friends are not happy with their CA.I don’t want to discuss on it any more.Take a chill do your CA +CFA.

Yes thanks a ton though :slight_smile:

I thought there were language barriers between westerners and Indians, but apparently there are language barriers between Indians and Indians too. Hmm…

Why do u think so? No language barriers just a difference of opinion …anyone can have that irrespective of nationality …religion !!

Thread of the year.

India has a CA? what is that?

CA = Chartered Accountancy, I believe. (basicaly what we in the US call a CPA, but in Commonwealth countries)

The correct term for CPA, just like celsius is the correct term to use when it comes to weather.

Yes CA = chartered accountancy …I’ve heard it’s tough in South Africa …so is it in India …I mean you fail even if u least expect it …

I hope this “thread of the year” wasn’t sarcastic

If you have studied properly and still failed the CA.Then it means:

1)You did passive studying

2)Your paper was checked by some B.com or 12 th grade student.

Nah i didn’t do passive …and yea group 2 which is all theory mostly …cleared next time …I think the institute slashes marks according to some criteria …I even saw a pic of it once :-/

this thread went downhill fast