CFA ceremony

I’ve passed all levels within 18months but have only 41 months of relevant working experience accrued yet. So I won’t be invited for this year’s CFA designation ceremony as I will get the charter in March 09. Does that mean that I won’t have an opportunity to go to such a ceremony at all because in the end of 2009 it would be worthless. :frowning:

CFAI will likely invite you to this years ceremony and name you an honorary CFA in recognition of your superior ability to pass the exam in 18 months.

why is the amount of time you took to pass relevant to your question? And i am sure you will be invited to a ceremony after you are awarded your charter, and if you feel it’s worthless then you shouldn’t go

SDuesseldorf - Bummer. What month is this year’s CFA designation ceremony? I currently have 47 months experience, the institute told me to e-mail them in 31 days so I can be upgraded to a regular member. I wonder if I am in this years group or next year’s group? fyi - I passed level 3 in 2007, so I can tell you all about waiting.

just to make clear that I can’t fulfill the required working experience yet. There was no arrogant background in this sentence. But maybe people who are trying to pass the exams again and again want to misinterpret things. I’ve just asked because I havent received either a letter from CFA Institute that I will get the designation nor have received an invitation to the ceremony yet. And yes, I am keen to go to such a ceremony because we in Germany don’t have those ceremonies when gratuating from university. So I want to join such a thing at least once in my life.

>There was no arrogant background in this sentence. Then why did you have to say "I’ve passed all levels within 18months but… "? It might be fact but I am sure you see it is unnecessary. >But maybe people who are trying to pass the exams again and again want to misinterpret things. I think they are interpreting pretty accurately. >in the end of 2009 it would be worthless. :frowning: >And yes, I am keen to go to such a ceremony You are not making much sense. And yes, you will be invited once you have acquired the charter.

i passed all levels in 15 months cuz i didnt study 3 full months. i win.

The answer was “just to make clear that I can’t fulfill the required working experience yet.” --> Now it’s clear that you guys need much longer for such a programme because you don’t even understand explanations

>i passed all levels in 15 months cuz i didnt study 3 full months. i win. And you probably have 250 hrs work week and 5 kids with pregnant wife and had ten broken finger on the exam day so had to write with toe fingers. What did I miss? Keep it coming! (^_^) >–> Now it’s clear that you guys need much longer for such a programme because you don’t even understand explanations OK, you might be right. I know I have never been known for intelligence. I do not understand why mentioning you passed in 18 months makes clear that you cannot fulfill the requirement. Do you care to explain?

–> Now it’s clear that you guys need much longer for such a programme because you don’t even understand explanations I think this comment just confirms your intent in even mentioning 18 months. It probably kills you that CFAI doesnt provide actual grades to brag.

Good point, aic!

…may we cease fire folks? …

grace grace Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …may we cease fire folks? … it depends; how long did u take to pass???