CFA certificate

Are we spouse to receive an email notifying us with the results release date?

Hopefully soon. Although, I think everyone is correct in saying 8/20 for results.

So because your current boss didn’t start jumping up and down out joy when you got the Charter, you inferred that you wasted 1.5 years of your life and that the Charter is next to worthless? That’s not how it goes. The program provides you with the knowledge to succeed in the finance industry and gives you a very solid base to work out of. Having CFA after your name never got you a good job, it just provides a good foundation of knowledge.

“it has lost its sheen in last couple of years” - this is kind of a ridiculous statement. Nothing really happened in the past two years that could have such an abrupt effect on the CFA certificate. You probably had big expectations that the designation itself will have the effect of a Harvard MBA (I am over stretching this whole analogy to get to my point) and when you got the designation, you probably inferred that it lost its luster.

IMO, for most people CFA will not mean much when they complete it. Most bosses or people at the HR of your current company will try to downplay the CFA because it would otherwise mean they would have to increase your salary and possibly make some room for promotion(s).

If you are not happy where you are right now, you should probably start thinking of getting a new job at a higher role and better salary. It would be even better if you could apply for jobs where your boss is a charterholders because they will surely appreciate it. In the mid-term there are highly likely to be improvement in your career, assuming you are not sitting in a cave and expecting only job offers from Wall Street.

I have a different perspective, the program is structured in a way that gives you a sort of push and you should not stop learning after receiving the charter.

It offers only a foundation that directs you to where to deep dive if your willing to specialize in a certain area.

It trains you on how to be persistent.

I agree qualifications and degrees only open doors, but its not everything. I know an Wharton MBA graduate whose struggling to find a job since 2008.

Now whats next, you should continuously develop your self and specialized. Imagine investing 1,500 hours into AI and machine learning and another 1,500 hours practicing soft skills. You may be able to start your own hedge fund.