CFA Change topic weights - June 08 Exam ???

I am wondering… Mmmmm In this link you can see the number of Q’/topic made in dec 07’ exam: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,652478 But in the CFA webpage they give different weight for each topic. f.e: In december they asked 68 FSA Q but now it is arround 20% of the total (48 Q’). Does anybody knows hos is it going to be? Did the CFA organization said, for the exam in december, that FSA was going to be 28% (actual number of Q’ 68)?? those who did take that exam, Can you help with this estimation? Thanks

the topic area weights are listed on the CFA website, there is no more info than that FSA includes corporate finance, so it was 28% http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/topicareaweights.html

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the topic area weights are listed on the CFA > website, there is no more info than that > > FSA includes corporate finance, so it was 28% > > http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/ > topicareaweights.html You are right, thanks… With the rest of the topics there are just small changes! I don’t know what to do with FSA :frowning: there are so many pages…

you have to do lots and lots of practice problems i think everyone is feeling at least a little insecure about FSA

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you have to do lots and lots of practice problems > > i think everyone is feeling at least a little > insecure about FSA Yes I think I won’t read it and I will go straight to the problems at the end of the chapter… Thanks again super!!!

i am shitting bricks in FSA, some logic can be applied, but there are too many excepts every now and then, like wtf happens when dissimilar assets get exchanged, like how does IFRS report for goodwill amortization? like what is mostly a company going to do to manipulate earnings if they ahve to issue debt… jesus. i can myself make 2000 questions from FSA that i couldn’t answer myself.

i definitely didn’t say that, i think you absolutely have to read it even if you read a condensed verison like schweser

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i am shitting bricks in FSA, some logic can be > applied, but there are too many excepts every now > and then, like wtf happens when dissimilar assets > get exchanged, like how does IFRS report for > goodwill amortization? like what is mostly a > company going to do to manipulate earnings if they > ahve to issue debt… jesus. i can myself make 2000 > questions from FSA that i couldn’t answer myself. Logic can apply but I think that we better don’t relly on it next week… We need inspiration for the next 3 days and we will get it!!! … maybe.

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i definitely didn’t say that, i think you > absolutely have to read it > > even if you read a condensed verison like schweser Do you think so? Do you know If I can buy any quick course for it (FSA)… or just the FSA schweser notes separately?

i don’t know if you can buy them separately, though i’ve seen people selling pirated copies while searching google (but that’s illegal)