cfa charterholders business card question

the CFA website indicates you have to put the CFA logo on your business card in addition to the CFA after your name. Is this normal? i’m fairly sure compliance at my firm wouldn’t be too excited about that.

Do you have a link to that…?? No way that is right.

now that i reread it, i’m not sure i’m right. i guess it might rules for if you want to use the logo. http://www.cfainstitute.org/memresources/pdf/trademarkusageguide.pdf

That would be my guess. I have seen a few CFAs business cards and they never had the logo on them.

yeah. sorry for the thread guys.

Yeah, I haven’t looked at the link above, but I remember them saying something about specifically about NOT using the logo, unless you actually work for CFAI.

no, you CAN use the logo on your business card, but it cannot be placed in proximity of any FIRM name as the firm itself does not have a connection to CFAI. Therefore, if not right next to the company name/logo (and if permited by firm), feel free to print business cards that say oskigo, CFA with the logo printed ala John Harris of Accounting Workshops.

see page 109: http://www.cfapubs.org/doi/pdf/10.2469/cpb.v2007.n1.6001

thanks for the help guys. in my business a lot of clients probably don’t know what “CFA” stands for. ok so what would you guys put: John Doe, CFA or John Doe, Chartered Financial Analyst Seems like most everyone goes for the first option.

oskigo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks for the help guys. > > > in my business a lot of clients probably don’t > know what “CFA” stands for. > > ok so what would you guys put: > > John Doe, CFA > > or > > John Doe, Chartered Financial Analyst > > Seems like most everyone goes for the first > option. If your clients don’t know what “CFA” stands for, it seems to me that it would be an excellent topic of initial conversation, an ice-breaker, so to speak. It could also be used as a (albeit imperfect) gauge for your clients. Are they curious enough to ask you what those 3 letters stand for, or are they too oblivious to care?

I think probably more of the variety to not notice it. while spelling it out might make it more of a “conversation topic.”