CFA Charterholders in the FT

Does anyone know which day this week the CFAI will publish the names of new charterholders in the FT? It doesn’t seem to have been yesterday or today. Thanks.

Good that they are devoting ressource to promote the charter instead of just fishing for new candidates for once.

Or the WSJ???

WSJ was yesterday, I did see the ad in the Economist as well.

Viceroy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good that they are devoting ressource to promote > the charter instead of just fishing for new > candidates for once. Publishing the names of new charterholders is fishing for new candidates.

There are no names in any of these publications correct? I thought they did away with that in favor of the website with names.

Just saw WSJ. No names.

I am conflicted. I am happy for all the new CFA charterholder if CFAI publishes all their names on FT or WSJ, however, I will be pissed since my name wasn’t published in 2008 when I got my charter.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am conflicted. I am happy for all the new CFA > charterholder if CFAI publishes all their names on > FT or WSJ, however, I will be pissed since my name > wasn’t published in 2008 when I got my charter. I think they are done publishing names for good. Too many each year now.

Didnt they have 10,000 in 2006? Only 5K now, seems counter-intuitive. Count me in (2009 charter) as being disappointed with no names being printed, but at least my girlfriend thought the “finance club” website was cool!

Thanks guys for your help. I’m thoroughly disappointed now. So the ad is just going to be a giant CFA logo and maybe some congratulations with a link to a website? There’s quite a difference between pointing to your name in print in a paper people read, and being on a searchable list on a website no one visits!

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am conflicted. I am happy for all the new CFA > charterholder if CFAI publishes all their names on > FT or WSJ, however, I will be pissed since my name > wasn’t published in 2008 when I got my charter. Yeah, me too. And that 2008 L3 exam was a killer too.

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but if you go to www.ft.com, there’s a black banner at the top congradulating all the new charterholders. Try out the following link, clicking the banner on the FT website brings brings up this pop-up: http://www.newcfa.cfainstitute.org/?s_cid=recognition_ft_homepage_exclusive