CFA - compared to ACA

I was just wondering how the CFA course topic and general level of difficulty compare to say ACA exams. How do Actuarial exams compare to CFA exams? What is the most difficult financial qualification to obtain?

This has to be a joke. No other explanation.

I’m sure you are Joking or you don’t know what’s the CFA. There is no other qualification such a the CFA.

besides the fact that they are completely different, ACA exams (i assume your from oz or the UK) are nowhere near as difficult. CFA = finance ACA = accounting

they’re different, hard in different ways. You seem pretty clueless, I recommend finding out what specifically you want to do, then finding a relevant certification as opposed to just blindly chasing certification based on percieved challenges

never heard of ACA, so right there I can tell you it is a waste. asking this is like asking “is jessica alba hot?”

daj, aca is legit, but not anywhere near the CA that I was thinking of, and the CA I still don’t view as nearly as tough as the CFA, although they are very different tests

hey Daj !!! who is jessica alba ??

So, what is ACA after all? American Canoe Association (google result)? Maybe he meant ACCA (accounting designation in UK)… Cheers

ACA is a general term for Chartered Accountant. In oz, its more recognised than CPA. Id imagine that the American Canoe Associations exams are alot more difficult than the Cat Fanciers Association. Just a thought though?

I suggest we ask C.Norris for an opinion on this mater. I heard he is chartered by both associations.

ACA is the accounting chaps in UK normally has, the PWC or EY guys CFA are the I-banker chaps normally get, I heard a lot of ACA are trying to get CFA because they dont want to be an auditor forever

ACA is the UK chartered accountant qualification. It is very similar to CPA in the US and CA in South Africa / Australia. Certification requires passing professional examinations and practical experience in auditing while working for a firm of public accountants (eg KPMG, E&Y, PWC, Deloittes etc). The CFA charter is a professional certification in Finance aimed primarily at the Investment Management and Research industry, and comprises three levels of examination, plus 4 years of relevant work experience and regular membership of CFA Institute. But the toughest Finance related exams I believe are the actuarial exams, which are aimed at professionals in the pensions and insurance industry. They’re tough because some exams are very quant heavy, some exams require a lot of book-learning, and there are a heck of a lot of them. I think the average time it takes someone to get the certification is about 6 or 7 years.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > never heard of ACA, so right there I can tell you > it is a waste. asking this is like asking “is > jessica alba hot?” ACA is like slamming some nattie ice CFA is like making it rain in the clubs

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > ACA is like slamming some nattie ice > > CFA is like making it rain in the clubs im beginnig to warm up to you, mcleod.