CFA Dream Job

I was browsing through Monster Canada until I stumbled upon this beauty: “Our client is a western-based boutique investment banking firm for small to mid-sized private companies. They are currently seeking to hire a Vice President Corporate Finance for their Vancouver location. … The ideal candidate will have: CFA/MBA/ Professional Accounting Designation” Salary: Gross earning potential $200,000 - $350,000 http://jobview.monster.ca/GetJob.aspx?JobID=68299013&JobTitle=Vice+President+Corporate+Finance&q=CFA&rad=32&rad_units=km&cy=CA&vw=b&AVSDM=2008-02-21+01%3A30%3A00&pg=1&seq=43 Theres just so much money in finance…

This is surprising?

if you are going for dream job, there are higher paying ones… ------------ Dwight Schrute: But I haven’t told you my salary yet. Jim Halpert: Go. Dwight Schrute: Eighty thousand dollars.

I don’t really think that’s “alot” for earning “potential” for a VP of corp finance. That’s either a low-ball or a not-so great bank. It’s good, but not excessive by any means.

aint that crappy for a top notch finance guy?

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you are going for dream job, there are higher > paying ones… > > ------------ > Dwight Schrute: But I haven’t told you my salary > yet. > Jim Halpert: Go. > Dwight Schrute: Eighty thousand dollars. So the dream job is working with the Devil in a hotel in hell :wink:

CFAMaven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was browsing through Monster Canada until I > stumbled upon this beauty: > > “Our client is a western-based boutique investment > banking firm for small to mid-sized private > companies. They are currently seeking to hire a > Vice President Corporate Finance for their > Vancouver location. > > … > > The ideal candidate will have: > CFA/MBA/ Professional Accounting Designation” > > Salary: Gross earning potential $200,000 - > $350,000 > > http://jobview.monster.ca/GetJob.aspx?JobID=682990 > 13&JobTitle=Vice+President+Corporate+Finance&q=CFA > &rad=32&rad_units=km&cy=CA&vw=b&AVSDM=2008-02-21+0 > 1%3a30%3a00&pg=1&seq=43 > > > Theres just so much money in finance… Thta is roughly the range of first (full) year post-mba employees at the major U.S. investment banks.

jsut had to quote it, the thread reminded me of that episode.

I’m not sure who you know at what banks, but maybe the bottom end of that range is what the full all in comp might come to for associates out of business school. Those in the banking programs might make towards the middle, but $300K for a VP is in line with what most banks will pay depending on the division you are in.