CFA exams destroyed in Fedex fire in VA

just joking - But I do wonder how safe those tests are once they are collected. Hopefully they are immediately scanned or copied.

omg wouldnt that be something

CFAdreams Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > omg wouldnt that be something For those who think they failed.

The CFA exams are not actually paper despite what most people think and are actually fairly indestructible, so this story must be false. The secret lies in the main ingredient, an indestructible polymer, immune to water, fire, bodily fluids, and acidic beverages. Most people think the $700 exam fee is for admin related fees, but only $100 is related to the exam and the remaining $600 is composed of $400 to produce the exam’s polymer and $200 is to go into R&D to make the polymer more resilient. Why do you think they won’t let people drink water near the exams? They don’t want you to see the magnificence of this secret polymer if you spill water on the indestructible paper, obviously.

i thought about this after i walked out of level 1 last year and again after i walked out of level 2… i would be so pissed if they made us retake it… but they couldnt really pass everyone without diminishing the value of the exam could they…

wtf i almost had a heart attack. calling BS on 400 bux for the scantron. Its only freakin paper. .00005 cents to mass produce.

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The CFA exams are not actually paper despite what > most people think and are actually fairly > indestructible, so this story must be false. The > secret lies in the main ingredient, an > indestructible polymer, immune to water, fire, > bodily fluids, and acidic beverages. > > Most people think the $700 exam fee is for admin > related fees, but only $100 is related to the exam > and the remaining $600 is composed of $400 to > produce the exam’s polymer and $200 is to go into > R&D to make the polymer more resilient. > > Why do you think they won’t let people drink water > near the exams? They don’t want you to see the > magnificence of this secret polymer if you spill > water on the indestructible paper, obviously. my vote to best POST of the year.

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The CFA exams are not actually paper despite what > most people think and are actually fairly > indestructible, so this story must be false. The > secret lies in the main ingredient, an > indestructible polymer, immune to water, fire, > bodily fluids, and acidic beverages. > > Most people think the $700 exam fee is for admin > related fees, but only $100 is related to the exam > and the remaining $600 is composed of $400 to > produce the exam’s polymer and $200 is to go into > R&D to make the polymer more resilient. > > Why do you think they won’t let people drink water > near the exams? They don’t want you to see the > magnificence of this secret polymer if you spill > water on the indestructible paper, obviously. LMAO!!!

phil, fantastic, +1

it got destroyed and they decided to pass everyone in Virginia

I heard an LSAT Exam became null and void when it was confirmed that an exam leaked out by one of the LSAC personnel. They made everyone retake it.

Poter’s 5 forces applied to CFAI and its industry: higher barriers to entry, lower bargaining powers of suppliers and buyers, average competition, some substitutes(MBA). The buyers usually pay the $, so CFA candidates are likely the buyers but no bargaining power at all. lol.

That’s BS! It’s normal paper…

I find it fascinating to see how some people lack any sense of humour. Pretty awesome.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I find it fascinating to see how some people lack > any sense of humour. Pretty awesome. +1. was just thinking about the same…

Do they expense the R&D? :slight_smile:

$100 for the exam $400 for the paper $200 for R&d I wonder how the manage to finance the 50kg of books that is sent out.

Come to think of it, for every 10 candidates that register for the exams a tree is chopped to produce the books. Collectively, we (CFA, mambers, candidates and student) are responsible for whiping out hectors and hectors of forests every year.

jojosf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s BS! It’s normal paper… Tell me, Captain Obvious, what was your first clue?

I won’t mind retake it as long as it is EXACTLY the same paper. It’s only fair.