CFA history

was bored for a moment, and googled ‘cfa history’. Interesting historical results here: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/candidate_results.pdf Now what I’d really like to see is what those exams from the 1960s looked like. I’m sure they are archived somewhere.

I believe JDV said it was 4 essay questions. The pass rate at the time was over 90% if I remember correctly.

Yeah I wanted to tell an old charterholder (almost in his 60s) last year something like: “yeah but back in your time was not that difficult” … I chickened out though.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s against the standards and practices to say that.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah I wanted to tell an old charterholder (almost > in his 60s) last year something like: “yeah but > back in your time was not that difficult” … I > chickened out though. But the CFA ethics guide forbids this! Edit: though obviously, a pass rate of over 90% implies that the exam was pretty trivial.

Exactly, but I was worried about putting my a$$ on the line for making that pointless comment as a joke. What if the old dude would have said: “Yeah, and it was easier to get a job back in my time, too. Since you’re so smart you’ll find a new job in no time. Now piss off and clear your damn desk!”