Is anyone else finding the online practice tests and quizzes provided by CFA Institute INCREDIBLY difficult compared to the EOCs? The poor layout, bad presentation, as well as the vagueness of important details does not particularly help either…
I suppose many of you have not yet made it to the online content yet but it seems like they are throwing in every single miniscule and granular detail to trick you up while ignoring the big picture concepts. Many of the questions also do not just test knowledge of once concept but require extremely intimate and detailed knowledge of three or four concepts (as well as every special circumstance or exception)… They are also testing concepts that are only mentioned one or two times in the MASSIVE amount of curriculum.
I am an struggling to break out of the 60% range (covering all subject areas overall). The other 40% seems to be testing my ability to remember two paragraphs and a footnote that was tucked away in some corner of the thousands of pages of curriculum.
I wrote LII last year and I remember the item sets on the actual exam being much more straightforward (more similar to the EOCs).
Is anyone else feel noticing this?