CFA Institute should waive membership fee this year!

not every CFAI member is a Goldman/MS MD making 700k base… i would like to request assistance during a period of financial hardship for the annual dues in June… any idea on who to contact? we all know the organization is loaded to the gills, now is the time to use that cash position and help members

isn’t the membership like $275? you can’t afford $275 as a CFA charterholder?

plus it’s tax-deductible in a lot of jurisdictions

I can afford the $275… my point is that the institute has been building up this “sovereign wealth fund” and now is the time to support its members. im not sure what the number is but the institute has a ridiculous balance sheet stuffed with cash… there should be a process to request a fee exemption for members that have hardships… this is not the time to be greedy

come on, now. even as someone who criticized CFAI in the past, the $275 annual membership fee is hardly greedy, especially when the charter lets you earn 6, or close to 6 figure salary. you also get copies of FAJ and a professional magazine subscription related to CFA.
other professional organizations charge significantly more for the annual membership. CAS charges $605, while SOA charges $705, for example (this is on top of the examination fees, which combined are generally significantly higher than CFA’s as well). CPA’s are also higher, at $475. The point is, you should be glad the membership is nowhere near the same in terms of costs compared to other professional organizations.