CFA Instructor !!!!

hello i am a Candidate for CFA Level 3 I have been offered a job as an instructor for CFA Level 1 at a local prep course provider. Should I accept the offer ? and do u think that studying for level III and teaching Level I is confusing or not ?? tell me your thoughts please , what do u think ? Will u accept the offer if u were in my shoes ?! NB, i work full time job in a bank.

Is this a full-time job? Do you need to quit your job at the bank?

that sounds pretty cool to me. i would do it as long as it’s not a huge time drain

I don’t think it would be confusing – could actually better prepare you in your L3 studies, unless it takes away from your study time.

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is this a full-time job? Do you need to quit your > job at the bank? no it is only part time, only 6 hours a week .

How much are they paying you? I doubt that a test prep company would be able to pay enough to make most bankers’ while.

amrcd1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $tarving_Banker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Is this a full-time job? Do you need to quit > your > > job at the bank? > > > no it is only part time, only 6 hours a week . I’d go for it. Should be an interesting project.

but what about studying for level III ?

what do u think the best way to instruct the CFA ? those who take prep courses previously, is it better for questions and answers or just teaching the concepts or what was the way they do it ??

out of curiosity, what kind of qualifications do you have that they asked you of all people to teach 6 hours a week?

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > out of curiosity, what kind of qualifications do > you have that they asked you of all people to > teach 6 hours a week? who are “all the people” ?

“all people” means everyone else it’s an expression

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “all people” means everyone else > > it’s an expression I know what does it means! What i meant is how do you know that a lot of people were involved in the recruitment process? As a matter of fact, there were not a lot of candidates and that was my chance, regarding my qualifications, I am working as a senior credit analyst at a big commercial bank.

oh ok, i didn’t realize you had to apply. i was curious because someone else on AF said that a cfa prep provider approached him out of the blue and asked him to do something similar. good job making it through the recruitment process, clearly you know your sh1t.

You learn good when you read on your own. You learn better when you discuss and you learn the best when you teach. A friend of mine told me at lunch today and I completely agree. I would say, if you can spare 6 hrs a week, then go for it. I am only a level 2 candidate, but I guess your L1 teaching experience could surprise you in how much it helps in your L3 preparation.

rus1bus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You learn good when you read on your own. You > learn better when you discuss and you learn the > best when you teach. A friend of mine told me at > lunch today and I completely agree. > > I would say, if you can spare 6 hrs a week, then > go for it. > > I am only a level 2 candidate, but I guess your L1 > teaching experience could surprise you in how much > it helps in your L3 preparation. thanks for the motivation, the problem is the time that is taken away from LEVEL III study to prepare for the lectures besides the 6 hours course