CFA L2 & FRM

Just took L2, planning to appear for both Parts of FRM in Nov. 2011, already registered for Part 1. Will do the same for Part II as well in couple of days. Anybody in the same boat? FRM Part I seems to be easy stuff from the look of it.

I am considering FRM Part I in Nov 2011 as well, but I haven’t registered yet.

I’m considering CMA in Sep/Oct … i guess ill do FRM if i flunked level 2 (band 10 i guess)… lets just wait and see…

Bilal, What’s CMA? How u guys r planning to study for FRM 1 and 2, Schweser alone?

I am writing both FRM 1 & 2 on Nov 19 too… Will start studying after July 26~

J.deVic, what’s your study plan? Would you care to say as to what all materials you are planning to use for the preparation?

you guys are so hardcore…I only registered for FRM 1…is it do-able to take both parts in 4 months?

lets do FRM doodes, so I can put CFA, FRM, CAIA, CMA next to my name

Wake2000, So many alphabets not required! Just CFA and FRM would be more than enough. If you have this two labels, you are considered worldwide to be a well rounded Finance Professional.

CAIA is better. No one I know has ever failed FRM… so I have kind of lost respect of that designation.

Its not pass or fail alone, its the coverage and quality of course material also play crucial role.

sasankm Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > J.deVic, what’s your study plan? > > Would you care to say as to what all materials you > are planning to use for the preparation? I bought Bionic Turtle and the handbook. I dont think I will get Schweser because I was told their FRM prep wasnt good (hard) enough. I havent started studying for FRM yet because I am writing GMAT in 10 days and I want to make sure I get at least 730. I am thinking 1.5 months for FRM 1 and 2.5 months for FRM 2. Then I will have 3 weeks for last minute reviews.