CFA Level 1 - Attempt number 2

I have decided, I am definitely going to attempt CFA Level 1 in 2020. At this point, I am not fully decided if it will be June or December, but it will be one of them.

I registered to sit the exam in June 2019, but in the end I had way too much going on in my personal life so I had to pull out. Last year, I bought Kaplan lectures and notes and Mark Meldrums videos. There was no comparison between Marks videos and Kaplans in my opinion, so I have already renewed Marks ones for next year.

My plan now is to buy the IFT Study notes, read each one of them before doing a Mark Meldrum lecture, and then hitting the Mark Meldrum Qbank.

My question is, if anyone has used a similar tactic and been successful in the exam?

I dont see why not… I passed level 1 with purely schweser notes, qbank and mocks.

I didnt even know CFAI had qbank and mock exams until the week before the exam!

watched only IFT videos and passed.

I just guessed “B” on everything and passed.

I don’t think you need a “tactic”, you just need to put in the hours and be a little smart in the way your prepare. CFAI material is more than enough to pass each level. Unless you have a very good reason to switch to something else (a learning methodology you like better, lack to time that require you to work with summarized material…) there’s no reason to look for an alternative.

should work- i think MM stuff in awesome

Are you looking for a study partner