CFA Level 1 Decemeber-Will it be cancelled?

I hope the CFAI is monitoring this thread…I know that several financial news agencies are, since there have been quotations taken directly from this forum in recent days concerning the status of the CFA exams in relation to COVID-19.

Please, do not cancel or postpone the December exams on a global basis. Many jurisdictions around the world have gotten the virus under control (Canada, China, S. Korea…), while others have not (Sunbelt USA, Brazil).

CFAI should allow administration of the exams to continue in the least infected areas where local conditions permit large enough gatherings to accommodate examinations of this sort. However, I think the institute should definitely cancel the exams in any areas where the virus is still prevalent. Additionally, students should be given the option to defer to a later date or cancel their December registration with a full refund, if they do not feel comfortable writing the exam at that time due to the virus - even if local conditions in their city/country would permit the exams to be held and the CFAI plans to do so.

ROA

If half of the initial candidates who scheduled to take December exam cancel/postpone it, will CFAI conduct the exam anyways? In this case, it will be easier to arrange all precaution procedures and let candidates sit one person per table.

What bothers me is this: https://www.cpr.org/2020/07/30/law-student-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-after-taking-colorado-bar-exam/

As of now those of us who chose to sign up for the December exam are unable to postpone according to the CFAI. When we chose December it was binding. That may change but I’m not holding my breath (obv we can just cancel or not show up entirely but still).

And CFAI has the audacity to tell its candidates they are the ones who need to study ethics and behave ethically.

Physician, heal thyself!.

If the December Level I exam is also canceled, does anyone know if candidates will be eligible for that February computer based test?

Yes if it gets cancelled you can move your exam to Feb (for level 1).

At this point of time I have doubts whether December exams will really happen. In India we had 82,000 new cases (record for a single day) yesterday and we have still not peaked. I just can’t see the virus suddenly disappearing in such a large country. Will the exam still go on if the City has large number of active cases? Seriously doubt.

That said there is still some time and CFA may wait till 1 month before the exam to make a decision unlike 2 and half months before the exam like they did last time. That said, I don’t want to be a pessimist and I am not discouraging others from studying for December. I am studying myself even if I have doubts.