CFA Level 1 exam progress June 2011

Just started fixed income and intend to finish around middle of April. then only ethics and Last book left…Just started reviewing Statistics as well when I can’t read anymore new stuff

tomorrow I start ethics and review.

Revision started… sucks! Things that I had skimmed over are now coming back to haunt me :frowning:

Finishing Equity this weekend which will leave me with the following still to read: FI, Derivatives, Alternative Investments, Portfolio Management, and part of Corp. Finance. Getting nervous about running out of time to finish reading all these outstanding sections and have enough time to review, but I guess 8 weeks is still enough to get a lot done.

anish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Revision started… sucks! Things that I had > skimmed over are now coming back to haunt me :frowning: Yeah i’ve noticed that a bit too going over quants, but the main ideas I already knew…stuff like that it’s just a matter of hammering out lots of practice questions to know it cold. We got lots of time to review!

will finish book 5 this weekend, book 6 in about 10 days and will then start ethics together with review in early May. I had 70-90% in all EOC questions but fear that I have forgotten some. I figure review will go hand in hand with loooots of mock/sample exams for the last 4 weeks. just found investopedia sample exams and tried equity and fixed income/ quantitative A. scored 70% in all four tests but only 10 questions for each section. Are those questions close to the real thing or am I better off purchasing mock exams? If so then which ones are best?

Anish, you gave so many good answer to peoples questions that you woudn’t have skimmed over too much. Good luck!

I have finished reviewing the materials once now. I have done all EOC questions three times and also done the free mock exam provided by the CFA institute. Does anyone have suggestions on where to look if I want to find more practice questions? I want a massive amount of questions that are of similar difficulty to the real exam.

AndyNZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have finished reviewing the materials once now. > I have done all EOC questions three times and also > done the free mock exam provided by the CFA > institute. > > Does anyone have suggestions on where to look if I > want to find more practice questions? I want a > massive amount of questions that are of similar > difficulty to the real exam. There’s been a TON of comments on the practice questions by the different prep providers, any one of them and you’ll be fine. Re-doing the same questions over and over is not gonna be much help, especially in areas like economics, where there might only by one EOC question for the whole reading.

^Agree with spreads here. EOC two times is understandable, but three times is overkill.

“Re-doing the same questions over and over is not gonna be much help” This is why I find Qbank very useful. A lot of different questions and after you find a question from the area you are weak in, you can see the book page No. for reference. So you go there and read it. Very useful and efficient.