CFA level 1 EXAM SCORE SURVEY (PECENTAGE TERMS)

Hey people Lets give our own expectation for the exam like say how much would u get in the exam out of 240 If we are able to get 40 people posting we would get our average of the passing score coz all those who are in analyst forum are interested and smarter come on people be a sport and reply my personel is 75% TO 85% cheers neil

no i didnt go with that from my experience , the cut off set by the institute is sum where 65-68% maximum 70%…

Speculating wont change the result. Better to put this energy into L2 prep, just in case.

82 - 92

I just wanna pass. That’s all that matters. But if this helps: my lowest score on Schweser’s 3 hr tests was 91/120 (volume 1) and my highest score was 101/120 (volume 2).

YAhmed Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no i didnt go with that from my experience , the > cut off set by the institute is sum where 65-68% > maximum 70%… True, there’s no real reason to believe the MPS will be higher than 70%, but is there any reason to believe the MPS will be lower than 70%? The passing mark for the Series 7 exam is 70%. Why would the CFAI set a lower cut off? Having said that, I hope I’m wrong; which works in my favor.

I scored a 74.58%

This is not how statistics work…

So right!

True, there’s no real reason to believe the MPS will be higher than 70%, but is there any reason to believe the MPS will be lower than 70%? __________________ There was a post in analystforum half a year ago, after summer exam from a person L1 who get all >70% marks and anywhay he or she didn’t pass the exam. So in his exact exam center (or major town) MPS was higher than 70%. Of course it doesn’t mean that MPS>70% was everywhere but it can be. As for me I expect to get almost in all SS >70%, in ethics - 50-70% and overall mark 75-82%. Personally I found the exam much much easier than I expected! Of course except ethics :slight_smile:

Vyentil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > True, there’s no real reason to believe the MPS > will be higher than 70%, but is there any reason > to believe the MPS will be lower than 70%? > __________________ > > There was a post in analystforum half a year ago, > after summer exam from a person L1 who get all > >70% marks and anywhay he or she didn’t pass the > exam. So in his exact exam center (or major town) > MPS was higher than 70%. Of course it doesn’t mean > that MPS>70% was everywhere but it can be. > > As for me I expect to get almost in all SS >70%, > in ethics - 50-70% and overall mark 75-82%. > Personally I found the exam much much easier than > I expected! Of course except ethics :slight_smile: The MPS is a standard mark. It doesn’t change from center to center. And there’s no way a person can get >70% in all subject areas and not pass. In order for this to happen, the MPS would have to be higher than 72.5%, which is highly unlikely. Even Schweser’s Secret Sauce has gone on to say that historically 70% has always been a passing score.

tj2001 I hope you (and Secret Sauce) are 101% right!

Vyentil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tj2001 > > I hope you (and Secret Sauce) are 101% right! I hope so too… (and hope that I’m well above 70%, which I should be)… I’ve drained so much of my life energy into this, I’ll be so depressed if I don’t pass.

tj2001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Vyentil Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > tj2001 > > > > I hope you (and Secret Sauce) are 101% right! > > > I hope so too… (and hope that I’m well above > 70%, which I should be)… I’ve drained so much > of my life energy into this, I’ll be so depressed > if I don’t pass. you do know there are two more levels right?

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tj2001 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Vyentil Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > tj2001 > > > > > > I hope you (and Secret Sauce) are 101% right! > > > > > > I hope so too… (and hope that I’m well above > > 70%, which I should be)… I’ve drained so > much > > of my life energy into this, I’ll be so > depressed > > if I don’t pass. > > > you do know there are two more levels right? Yes, and? Getting passed the first hurdle is a psychological leap forward. Losing L2 on the first or even the second or third attempt won’t be as bad. But this one needs to be done.

tj2001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Yes, and? Getting passed the first hurdle is a > psychological leap forward. Losing L2 on the > first or even the second or third attempt won’t be > as bad. But this one needs to be done. +1

Hold the phone… There is a different MPS based on which testing center you went to??? How is that fair?

PC79 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hold the phone… There is a different MPS based > on which testing center you went to??? > > How is that fair? There isn’t. There’s only one MPS across the board. Feel free to guess what that MPS is.