CFA Level 1 June 2008

minocfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you buy updated Schweser package now? I > think it is not completley updated for June 08 > yet… > > http://www.schweser.com/cfa1.php#product_availabil > ity_insert_link > > http://www.schweser.com/products/packages.php Schweser June 2008 is ready to go. I got a confirmation email yesterday saying that it was shipped. The update section you’re referring to are updates, meaning errors in the current CFA 2008 books, notes, etc. When they realize they made an error somewhere in the material they will post updates online.

And in the Product Availability section it shows what available now and when the other material will be available. On Friday I will receive what’s available (study notes, Qbank online, etc.). I won’t receive the Practice exams until December.

TPain88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ForumJP Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > hey guys, > > > > i am also gearing myself towards CFA Level June > > 2008 > > > > i am actually studying fulltime in MBA program > > right now…hopefully i can find time everyweek > to > > study for the test > > > > just purchased the Schweser Essential package, > am > > waiting to register for CFAI hopefully within > > couple weeks > > Same here except I’m not in a MBA program, I’m a > recent finance grad that’s working. I just ordered > the Schweser Essential package and it should be > here by Friday. I have yet to register for the > exam, as I am still saving money for it (other > expenses). I’ll prob breeze through Schweser one > time, go hardcore in CFAI study guides, then go > hardcore through Schweser again. I plan on giving > it my all on the weekends and doing some studying > during the work week. Looks like I won’t be > partying for a while- I plan on making the gym my > outlet instead of the bar/social nightlife. sweet! awesome to know there will be others suffering along with me :slight_smile: i am actually a comp. engineer undergrad…so i will REALLY have to pull my stuff together these next few months

I have gone through Ethics once and have gone through the CFAI texts for SS2 & 3 and have done all the end of the chapter questions up to Reading 11. Also read some of Corporate Finance. I have eased off as grad school and work have gotten in the way this past week. What was I thinking?!

I’m only have to read the alternative investment for me to finish the asset valuation. I’m also done reading quants & FSA using the 2006 curriculum & have to reread it again to accounts for any changes for 2008 curriculum. Best of luck for us 2008 batchmate!