CFA Level 1 Sample Exam?

Hi there, If you have time to only do 6 practice / sample exams. Which sample exam would you do? e.g scwehsser, mock exam from CFAi, stalla, etc?

schweser - vol 1 - exams 1 and 2 elan - all three practice exams they provide CFAI mock Btw, I’ve never seen stalla and other prep providers, just elan and schweser.

where can i find the elan? i should be in exam mode come november and would like to have that under my belt. thank you

About the Elan exams, I purchased them but haven’t received anything yet. I’m pretty sure they said they were going to e-mail the exams out on Oct 25th. Any info?

They have started emailing them. Say it’ll take 2-3 days to get them out to everyone

firehydrant1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > where can i find the elan? This is the link for their three mock exams: http://www.elanguides.com/products_mock.php On the left of the page you can see all their products, the Eleventh Hour Guide helped me a lot, maybe you should take a look at that as well.

Andreea_Mn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > firehydrant1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > where can i find the elan? > > This is the link for their three mock exams: > http://www.elanguides.com/products_mock.php > > On the left of the page you can see all their > products, the Eleventh Hour Guide helped me a lot, > maybe you should take a look at that as well. Andreea, How did you do on the Elan/Schweser mock exams? Fair? The exams are so diff from each other

^ I’m probably not the best person to ask about this, as I really crammed in the last few weeks before the exam. I worked individual sections from schweser vol 1 exams 2 and 3, and for vol 1 exam 1 AM got 53% then about 65% for PM. (the AM and PM were about 10 days apart during which I studied as much as I could). When I went through Schweser I had not read everything yet. Did Elan the last two days before the exam, got about 70% for both. I had worked through a few questions before, randomly, so about 10% was not at first sight. It was a really close pass for me (I LOVE the Eleventh Hour Guide, would have failed without it), I read a lot in the two weeks before the exam - first read for some of the stuff :frowning: . Allegro-cpa/cfa, you’ve been studying a lot so you should be doing much better than this, and finish the mocks much earlier too :slight_smile: Again, this is definitely not to be used as a benchmark, more as a : “what not to do when studying for level 1” guide :D. My boss is kind of telling me I have to sit for level 2 next year, and I am really scared because I was not thorough when studying for level 1. I did go back and read a lot for job interviews afterwards, especially for derivs/eq/fi, it would have been better to study more for level 1 though.

Thanks for the debrief Andreea. Sounds like Elan got you through that final stretch. And 11th hr must have been a strong study guide for the actual exam.congrats and thanks for sharing

thank you very much. will look into it. I am in officially in TEST MODE(mocks) =)