Cfa level 1 study progress

Hi,

i am giving level 1 in june. I want to know where are other people in their studies?

i have finished ethics, financial reporting, fixed income n derivatives and also 1 round of revision of financial reporting n fixed income n derivatives. i have started with economics.

i am studying from schweser notes and then revising from

cfa curriculum book (just solving examples questions, tests n reading los)

is my pace ok?

i m full time studying… Where have you all reached?

You going good. Just read, practice, and feedback. Then go for mocks and feedback the mocks. After that you are in positiion for the exam.

Hi Hello

I am done with Ethics, Derivatives, Quantitative methods

Half way through in Financial reporting and analysis, portfolio management. Rest i am yet to start.

I am reading from CFAI books and also using Schwser for additonal reference for solving practice problems. I am also studying full time.

I think you have covered a good amount of portions. Going good. Keep it up.

Ashok.

If you’re studying full time, you have plenty of time.

Thanks for the feedback… I just dint know if i am studying slowly or m doing fine…

I have finished Ethics, Quant, and Economics. I just started financial reporting. I study a minimum 3 hours a day. I think I am on schedule…

HI guys,

Need some advice ,i am planning to give level 1 in june this year. Is it too late to start studying. Will i be able to study the entire portion by APril and start giving mock tests in May?.. i have left my job and plan to study full time …

Thanks in advance.

Nancy,

No, its not late to start reading for June’15 when you are going to study full time even using the CFAI books.

Lets assume you start reading from March 1st. Derivatives and Alternative Investments can be done in a week time very easily. Even two set of revisions can be done. Corporate Finance and Portfolio Management takes 10 days. So by March 17th you knock off two subjects which covers 21 percent of the syllabus.

Next you can start with Financial Reporting and Fixed Income. Each takes around 2 weeks time to read peacefully. And by April 16th you can effectively have 63 percent coverage. And the rest two (Ethics and Professional Standards Quantitative Methods & Economics) can be completed by 15th of May. So you can give 20 days time for mock tests and concentrate on weak areas.

If you are using only Schweser material you finish it off a whole lot quicker i.e by end of April you can cover your curriculum. And also may be accouting or finance background, also your job experience can help you understand much easily. Since you are planning to read full time it is very much possible

Regards

Ashok

hi,

Thanks Ashok for your advice. I am engineer so i do not have any background in finance. So wanted to understand a little bit more about the exam and how to go about studying for it in the most effective way!!

Nancy

Have sent you a private message

Hi, I am from Pune, studying full time, using CFAI books.

So far done first reading of FI, Quant, FRA (not done last two chapters) and studing Econ (done micro) now.

Revising quant currently.

Nancy, I am also engineer and I think if you study full time you should be able to cover up everything pretty fast.

I will say start with quant as it will be relatively easy compared to other topics.

If you know little bit of FRA, do it next as it will push the biggest weighted part out of syllabus.

Econ is also tiring to read as it mostly theory so target it as reading daily few pages, instead of reading coninuouslu.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

i also need some guidance on the preparation side as I am working full time n I have level 1 exam in June .so far I have completed derivatives , fixed income ,corporate finance,and reading economics (micro). But still left wid ethics,equity,fra,quants,portfolio and alternative investment. I am reading from Schweser. Suggest me whether I should read d remaking subjects from Schweser or the same way curriculum .

regards

nk

Neha

I think you are going a good pace. At this rate i think you can complete all your readings by April and then do your revision and mocks in May. I think that will be good. Are you skimming through the portions which you have completed so far in CFAI curriculum books and doing EOC questions?Just to ensure that you dont miss anything from the curriculum. If yes, then well and good.

Hi Ashok ,

i m reading entire curriculum .as I took some three weeks of break and wil b starting again from 28th feb. Again.

Thats why I twas not sure whether I wil b able to cover it or not.as time is short.

regards,

neha

Neha

Good that you are reading the entire curriculum. When did you start your preparations? If you can read 20 hours a week effectively you can complete your entire readings.

Regards

Ashok

Hi Ashok,

i started reading d curriculum seriously in the month of November 2014 and I am working full time and d plan is to review from Kaplan Schweser as reding curriculum for d second time is difficult but I m am scared as some more subjects are pending.

regards,

neha

Hi,

I am still doing equity… rest all is finished… How are you all practicing questions?

I do not have schweser question bank…

Hi,

I’m new to the Forum and excited to converse with everybody. I am registered for the December exam and will start studying sometime in June.

Good luck to everyone studying for and writing their exams in June.

Maybe I am a slow reader but I have finished books 3 and 4. I have been doing practice questions from the Qbank on sections finished and CFA book EOC chapter in addition to the schwesar

I am on book 5 right now. I take a lot of notes so I am not just reading through trying to remember everything because that isn’t realistic…

plan to finish book 5 by the end of the month then do books 1 and 2 in April leaving may to just work problems