CFA level 2 and FRM level 1 together - mental suicide or possible?

I am going to take CFA level 2 this june and this is my first attempt. I have a lot of free time now and will be mostly free for the next three months. So I am thinking about whether I can do FRM level 1 along with this? Is it pushing it too far or can it be achieved. Are there significant areas which are common in both CFA levels (1&2) and FRM level 1 or will this be like attempting mental suicide ? Forgot to mention that I am yet to start with level 2 preparation and yes,I know that level 2 is very tough. Just wondering if there is a lot of similarity between the two courses that might make it worth attempting both.

You’re taking FRM in May? I mean anything is possible. I took CAIA L2 in March before CFA L2 in June and passed. May is kind of cutting it close though. I dont think there would be much overlap except the quant section and some of the port mgmt section…why not just take it in November?

Ya…other folks have been saying the same…too much work and too little time…guess i will go for this later…thanks…

possibly mental suicide.

Please pay Level 2 the respect that it deserves. Can be quite tough. You want the luxury of doing one thing at a time.