CFA level 2 June 2019

Hello everyone,

I have passed CFA level 1 in December 2018.

I am currently working full time and I am thinking to do the CFA level 2 exam in June 2019.

Do you think I have enough time to study everything and revise and be able to pass level 2 as I know is the hardest of the 3 levels?

Thanks

I am also keen to write in June 2019.

rough calc - but if we start FEB 1st - then we have roughly 120 days @ 3hours day = 360hours.(excluding the two weeks in June as exam is only mid June) Wont be easy but do-able.

anyone else managed to succeed with such a short period of time?

Hi AJOU

We need to take into account working hours and also the fact that each to topic needs different amount of hours spend on it.

“Successful candidates report an average of more than 300 hours preparing for each exam. Your preparation time will vary based on your prior education and experience. The 2017 Level II curriculum has 17 study sessions, so a good plan is to devote 15−20 hours per week for 17 weeks to studying the material. Use the final four to six weeks before the exam to review what you have learned and practice with topic tests and mock exams.”

CFAI TEXT - DESIGNING YOUR PERSONAL STUDY PROGRAM

We are 20 weeks out from the exam today - you can do it!

As my good man Shia Labeouf likes to say Do It!!

https://youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0

You will have to sacrifice like nothing else matters of course.

Good luck!

Watch this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbA86ljgsJM&t=2s

I’m doing what he suggested.

Thank you guys for the advise.

Plenty of people before you have started studying after passing December level 1 and passed. Plenty of people have done it and also failed. It depends on you and how much time you dedicate effectively to studying. Also, don’t bank on level 2 being easier than level 3; sure the material at level 3 may be easier, but the exam itself is an absolute beast. Goodluck - get to studying.

I did this. Let me give you some specifics. Your chance of passing Level2 in June is greater if: 1. You killed the Level1 exam. 2. You use primarily Schaefer materials. The CFAI readings would take too long if starting now. 3. Get either the Schaefer audio or video files to listen on your commute. 4. Allow at least 4 weeks to review and do mocks.

Schaefer = _ Schweser _?