CFA Level 2 vs MCF

Hello everyone,

I am writing this post because I dont know how to proceed with my studies, so any insights from u is appreciated.

I did CFA Level 1 in December and I am quite sure that I did well, so most probably I will receive a positive result. I took Level 1 because I want to have an advantage (in terms of getting a scholarship) in applying for the Master program, Master in Corporate Finance, SDA Bocconi, Italy. The program fee is 30000 euros. At the same time, I will take GMAT in April, but I dont feel very comfortable with it (it is one of the requirements). This is the first option.

The second option is skipping GMAT and taking Level 2 in June.

My question is, which of these options will provide me the best opportunities for entering in the finance world? Can I get a job with my undergradute degree in Finance and Level 1&2? I wouldl like to emphasize that, regardless of which option I will choose, I would like to live in Milan, Italy (that’s why I chose Bocconi).

Thank you in advance.

I do not know the European finance industry well, however if it is like anywhere else, then if you want to live in Milan then the Masters is your best bet.

Do the Masters and focus on building your network. Getting into finance is just as much about who you know as what you know. Worry about finishing the CFA once you are working in the industry.

Even after completing level 3, if you are not on the ground in Italy, it will still be hard to get a job.