CFA Level 3 Levelup Videos and Final Review Bootcamp for CBT in 2021

Hello,

I’m planning to take L3 next year. For those who used Levelup, do you recommend the video course and/or the final review bootcamp? I have been using the same provider for Levels 1 and 2 and it works well for me, but I heard that people go to Marc for L3, otherwise they will likely fail. Some older reviews said that the most valuable thing about Marc’s bootcamp was the IPS, but its no longer in the current curriculum.

For those who used Levelup this year, is the bootcamp still good without IPS?

Also, some reviews mentioned that the final review bootcamp is recorded this year. Is it true? I am slow in listening and digesting. It will be helpful if bootcamp will be recorded.

I am confused of what materials levelup will provide. It looks like the bootcamp comes with powerpoint slides, key point notes, and a package with past exam questions by topic. Is it still true?

Finally, I understand that every provider has pros and cons. If I end up getting levelup, what are the things that I need to be aware of now rather than later?

Sorry for all these questions. I normally don’t want to change provider when its working fine for me. But if Levelup is much better, I don’t mind paying extra.

I really appreciate if anyone can share some thoughts, especially those who used levelup this year. Thank you and have a safe Holiday Season.

Hello WooCFA2021

Let me see if I can directly help you with your questions.

The Jumpstart videos are detailed and complete coverage of the CFA Level III curriculum. I leave no stone unturned in the videos and as a result nothing is a surprise on the exam. I even cover footnotes that tend to be questions on the exam (specifics were never disclosed only that I covered them and they were asked in general). The Jumpstart videos are 80 hours of coverage.

The LevelUp Bootcamp is a compliment not a substitute for the JumpStart Videos. The BootCamp is 40 hours of coverage specifically tailored for the final push to the exam, we cover all the topics quickly but focus on what may be on the exam and how they will ask the questions and how to answer the questions. Learning the curriculum is super helpful before this final learning process. Many attend the BootCamps without the videos and feel they have a lot of material to catch up on that was not covered in other review notes.

The IPS “return calculation” was removed from Level III in 2019.

The past exam questions binder for prior years is no longer permitted by the CFA Institute. We do use 2017-2018 exams with CFA Institute permission.

Level III is all I do and been doing it for 26 years. I was in the investment industry as a pension manager, a high net worth bank portfolio mgr and as a finance professor. If you want to do the hard work and pass on the first attempt I do my best to help you do just that. My motto is One & Done.