CFA Level II: Bloomberg Communication Stream - Final Month

Hi All,

New to the forum and this is my first post. Let me introduce myself without getting too specific; mid 20’s and currently work in operations on the buy side, recently moved to NYC. I hope the designation will provide career opportunities that I would consider more desirable than the options which would currently be realistic, not in monetary terms but value via mental satisfaction.

On to the point, a group creation idea just dawned on me that I think would be very beneficial to all parties involved. I’m confident that there is a strong base of users here which have access to Bloomberg on a daily basis. The idea is to create a constant chat through Bloomberg IB which could be used to facilitate discussion regarding any topics covered within the Level II material. We could help each other with any questions or simply further reinforce concepts, ideas and formulas that we may already have a strong handle on. Think of it as a value added streaming flow of communication throughout the day.

As a side note, I do not consider myself a weak candidate or feel the need to create such a group to pass. However, I only see upside present and even if a member of the group were to be semi-clueless, the act of explaining material to others is self-rewarding because of the reinforcement benefits. Let me know if you would be interested, please send an email to RickyWJohnson@gmail.com that includes your Bloomberg username. Ten members should be more than sufficient and the first 10 to contact me, if that many do, will be the members included. Thanks for your time and best of luck to all in June.

*Only members who live in the Americas will be considered. My apologies to those that would be excluded but time zones are obviously relevant.

i dont have bloomberg, but this idea is very good.

Thanks JPM, unfortunately not a single response yet. Giving it 1 bump to make sure people saw it, won’t bump again