CFA license plates

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are. Saw license plates today ‘CFA4team’. Is this the type of behavior to get you voted onto tool academy, or is it super awesome? What do you guys think (for me, that’s never going to be on any of my cars - FWIW)? I am, however, thinking about designing a windbreaker with big CFA letters on the back, like a CIA type jacket. I know it’s probably some sort of violation (especially considering I’m only an LII candidate), but I think it will be awesome. Would the testing administrators violate me come June 5th, if I rolled up with that jacket on and some velure pants?

I think this puts you into the “super awesome” category. It’s like winning your local 10 pin bowling tournament and wearing the button t-shirt around the town all year.

I pass a financial advisor’s offices on my way home and there’s a car in the lot with the plates “CFA CFP”.

i saw “MBA>CFA” driving a bugatti veyron

No freaking way. I guess it is true then. Unless we see “CFA>MBA” stamped on the side of the space shuttle as it ascends earths atmosphere.

pgh.ndt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I pass a financial advisor’s offices on my way > home and there’s a car in the lot with the plates > “CFA CFP”. Please tell me this is real and in Pittsburgh.

It just means that he’s waiting for his CFA Level 4 results. Note: He’s not suggesting that CFA achievements make him a superior investor, so it’s perfectly fine to do this. Although he will need to pay CFAI dues every year or change his license plate.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pgh.ndt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I pass a financial advisor’s offices on my way > > home and there’s a car in the lot with the > plates > > “CFA CFP”. > > > Please tell me this is real and in Pittsburgh. Yup, at Allegheny Financial Group on Camp Horne road, the car’s some sort of Toyota.

pgh.ndt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > pgh.ndt Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I pass a financial advisor’s offices on my > way > > > home and there’s a car in the lot with the > > plates > > > “CFA CFP”. > > > > > > Please tell me this is real and in Pittsburgh. > > Yup, at Allegheny Financial Group on Camp Horne > road, the car’s some sort of Toyota. I just checked their site. Only two people there have both designations - has to be one of them.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just wondering what people’s thoughts are. Saw > license plates today ‘CFA4team’. > > Is this the type of behavior to get you voted onto > tool academy, or is it super awesome? What do you > guys think (for me, that’s never going to be on > any of my cars - FWIW)? > > I am, however, thinking about designing a > windbreaker with big CFA letters on the back, like > a CIA type jacket. I know it’s probably some sort > of violation (especially considering I’m only an > LII candidate), but I think it will be awesome. > Would the testing administrators violate me come > June 5th, if I rolled up with that jacket on and > some velure pants? if you get bothered about it, you could just say you’re a member of the Cat Fancier’s…

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pgh.ndt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mwvt9 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > pgh.ndt Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > I pass a financial advisor’s offices on my > > way > > > > home and there’s a car in the lot with the > > > plates > > > > “CFA CFP”. > > > > > > > > > Please tell me this is real and in > Pittsburgh. > > > > Yup, at Allegheny Financial Group on Camp Horne > > road, the car’s some sort of Toyota. > > I just checked their site. Only two people there > have both designations - has to be one of them. holy crap, what a bunch of blowhards.

I’m thinking about getting a vanity license plate that says “EBITDA.”

I already have some: “P/V0 = (ROE - g) / (r - g)” and my summer convertible says: “Bear Hug”, in reference to an Acquirers attempt to bypass a target’s CEO and propose a take over right to the Board of Directors.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m thinking about getting a vanity license plate > that says “EBITDA.” There’s a private ski resort in Montana (Yellowstone Club) that’s for rich execs, anyways they have a run named EBITDA. A blue run if I’m not mistaken, quite fitting…

Easy Before It Totally Drops Away

I have yet to see a CH11

I saw a license plate with CFA on it today. Unfortunately, I did not get a look at the cool guy who owned the car.

I saw one a few years ago: the car was a white Honda Accord, the driver was a young, Asian man wearing a baseball cap (backward), and the license plate was CFA DUDE.

I’m not sure that that’s not a violation of the C&S.

(Note: he could have been a member of the Cat Fanciers Association, though I suspect not.)

“P/V0 = (ROE - g) / (r - g)”

^ ^ ^

this

say no more

this